Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resurrection Shuffle*
18-02-2015, 01:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 18-02-2015, 01:33 PM by stillwaddler.)
RE: Resurrection Shuffle*
Well, that was a weird sort of run. Not a nightmare, but weird, I wasn't too sure of which course to take so decided just to rely on my Garmin and TomTom to record mileage and time (still trying them out against each other) half a mile into the run, I was passing our local gun shop when I saw what looked like a small box on the pavement about 20 yards in front of me, then two workman started shouting at a guy who had just left the shop - the box was the wallet he had just dropped so I scooped it up and ran after him just managing to get to him before he left in his car. He seemed not a little amazed that I was returning it to him. It could have been a much more sinister scenario, he was carrying a rifle bag !!!!!!
Good deed for the day done I toddled on. Headed towards a local park which has a very steep section of 4 flights of steps, which of course I walked. Toddled further on, but unfortunately after stopping at a crossroads junction which takes an age to cross on foot I paused both gps’s and stupidly didn't remember to restart them for a least 10 or so minutes when I glanced at them and assumed I had been running on the spot!! Went for a pit stop back at the house, energy drink, loo visit, let the foster dog out into the garden etc. and checked out my actual mileage on Gmaps pedometer, I had actually run a mile further than recorded on the devices.
Back out again and did 2 laps of my local round run, boring, but predictable mileage, carried on to complete the 12 miles. I walked the hills and walked when I needed jelly babies so took an absolute age with a total for the back to back outings of 2 hours 27 and a bit minutes and I'm not sure it really counts as a long run as I had the pit stop, but I think I will bag it anyway. Felt reasonably ok afterwards although I was tired yesterday evening but feel reasonable ok today.
Just a small matter of a half marathon to tackle next weekend – eek.
Phew this is hard work !
25-02-2015, 07:29 PM,
They all count sw, they all count. And you're way ahead of where I am, for what it's worth!
Run. Just run.
02-03-2015, 10:38 PM,
Sounds like solid mileage to me. Good stuff.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

04-03-2015, 12:05 PM,
Well, I'm having another wobble, 10 miles completed last Wednesday, couldn't do the 13 as I had to get back to let the boiler man in! I should be running 13 miles as I type this but have so far failed to get out of the door:-( and I further confess that I haven't actually achieved any mileage in between last weeks longish one. I just don't seem to be up for it at the moment. Maybe I'll go out after lunch and post dog walking....prevarication comes to mind:-(
Phew this is hard work !
04-03-2015, 12:23 PM,
A good plan, sw ... stick at it, it'll all come together. Smile
Run. Just run.