Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My life, I realise suddenly, is July
13-07-2015, 07:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 13-07-2015, 07:50 AM by Charliecat5.)
RE: My life, I realise suddenly, is July
Nothing… not a single mile… not even a running yard.  Last week was a complete write-off.   

I had a good time in Germany though; ate well, drank well and travelled well.  But although I packed my running shoes, the opportunity to take them for a spin simply didn’t materialise.  Thus as the weekend arrived a substantial effort was required.  

I need to seriously push my distance now… for too long I have been playing around the 8 to 10 mile mark.  So with my ‘let’s not do things by halves’ approach I decided to run the second half of the Moyleman.  Southease, Firle Beacon, Firle village, Glynde, Caburn and Lewes.   I’m not completely mad, so took a short-cut from the top of Firle Beacon, down a green ride, rather than pounding down Bo-Peep Borstal on the hard-top.  This cut about 1 mile of the run… also I didn’t pass under the A27 underpass so found another half mile saving.  But I did run home from town… which added a mile back on.

The upshot was 13 miles and very sore legs.  Those next 7 miles still seem a long way off.

There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
RE: My life, I realise suddenly, is July - by Charliecat5 - 13-07-2015, 07:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  July 2016 Charliecat5 2 1,381 23-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  July 2011 Charliecat5 37 13,891 12-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Bierzo Baggie