Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
August lashes out in volcanic fury
22-08-2015, 08:48 AM,
RE: August lashes out in volcanic fury
Earlier this week, Mr Big, the Capo Di Tutti Capi of our local running scene put out a call inviting the Soldato to attend a parkrun this weekend.  I don’t like parkruns (he says having only done one) but I put my hand up as I knew it would do me good.   Plus I like his company, and that of the Capo Bastone who also put his hand up (aka BGG).  I also like cake. 

However, as the week went on, I realised that the parkrun wasn’t going to fit into my schedule.  The main reason being that on Sunday I plan to break the 15 mile barrier.  This is a big physical and psychological barrier for me.  It sounds almost glib amongst the giants of running who reside on this forum, but the furthest I have run is 14 miles… the 15 sits there like an impenetrable mountain, yet I know if I can break this, then the JS20 is mine for the taking.

So having given my apologies to Mr Big  I decided to head out yesterday evening for some hill reps.  Clearly, I need to work on firming up my flabby arse… a flabby arse I didn’t even realise I had until running with BGG last Monday. 

As the weeks pass, I am slowly becoming fitter, which means that the little old hill just up the road doesn’t really cut the mustard now in terms of hill reps… so I headed to the bottom of the Downs at Kingston Ridge (the middle bit of the W as some of you know it as).  I ran first up the eastern side and then down… then up the steep western side and down… before running back up the eastern side again… before heading home.  I ran 5.5 miles and climbed 340 metres.

My arse feels better already.  

There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
RE: August lashes out in volcanic fury - by Charliecat5 - 22-08-2015, 08:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  August and new beginnings (again) Charliecat5 3 1,649 18-08-2016, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  August already 2014 Charliecat5 18 7,317 29-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Charliecat5