Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
August lashes out in volcanic fury
27-08-2015, 06:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-08-2015, 06:17 PM by Charliecat5.)
RE: August lashes out in volcanic fury
The training has gone off the rails somewhat in recent days.  An aborted run at the weekend has been followed by a stubborn three miler last night thought the beautiful Lake District countryside.  It was nice but achieved little other than clearing out the nasal passages (and boy did it clear those out).  Where does this leave me is the question.

I’m not counting (due mainly to the self-induced fog of recent weeks) but the last 4 (ish) weeks have been incredibly boozy and somewhat rocking in terms of the carb loading.  It’s not all been bad… in fact it has been very good, and I have nailed a few good runs in the process as well, but if I am going to run the JS20 I need to get my house in order… and sadly that means a better diet… and… I can’t believe I’m going to say this… reducing the amount of beer I’m drinking.  I didn’t say ‘no beer’… just less beer… quite a bit less.

So having made this resolve I receive a text from Mrs CC5 saying that a very splendid friend of mine has dropped off a late birthday present, in the form of a few bottles on his way back from Belgium and that we have friends (boozy friends) coming round for tea on Sunday.  Oh yes, I am also going to the rugby on Saturday – and rugby, as we know, involves beers – it’s the law.

Perhaps we get serious about the running after the weekend.  Eek.

There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
RE: August lashes out in volcanic fury - by Charliecat5 - 27-08-2015, 06:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  August and new beginnings (again) Charliecat5 3 1,651 18-08-2016, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  August already 2014 Charliecat5 18 7,317 29-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Charliecat5