Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
September, departing summer hath assumed
03-09-2015, 04:34 AM,
RE: September, departing summer hath assumed
(03-09-2015, 01:49 AM)Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man Wrote: In terms of running with or without the technogadgets, I have also done both. For me, I still like to run with a GPS, but don't always look at it and can, if so inclined, quite easily run without a plan and only look at the watch afterwards with a vague curiosity as to how far and/or how fast I ran. But I get the point that one is still some kind of slave to the device when doing even that.

Ditto. I use Runkeeper (on my phone). I turn the voice updates off and never look at it during a run (phone stays in my pocket, unless I stop for any length of time, ie for the dogs, and have to pause RK). Afterwards I can interrogate the data, or not. I'm used to this now, so every run is pretty much a 'free' run, constrained only by the time or the gumption I have to invest. 

I've long thought a compendium to be the way forward. We tried the podcast route (we were right to junk that, it was horrible). The difference in running and writing styles would make a decent short story-style collection, perhaps in small book format, the kind you find at the checkout of a bookstore (remember those?). Relatively low cost, both to produce and for buyers.

Ray Hamilton, a friend of mine and SPs, has published a few 'Miscellanies' of his own, with some success. I'll speak to him about this. We'd have to seek each author's permission, of course. I see these as a series of small books, each with a theme or 'flavour' that ties the stories together. We could do one on the P2P featuring extracts from various race reports/ travelogues/ diaries. This is not meant to be a great commercial enterprise - it would most likely lose money - but if the process is relatively painless it might encourage me to go for the bigger story - the story of the Moyleman. That's the one I really want to get out there some day.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Messages In This Thread
RE: September, departing summer hath assumed - by Sweder - 03-09-2015, 04:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  September 2014 Charliecat5 22 9,245 07-10-2014, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man