Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to stagger out
28-09-2015, 08:42 AM,
Time to stagger out
Well, its about time I pulled on the faded Lycra and went for a toddle...see you later
Phew this is hard work !
28-09-2015, 11:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 28-09-2015, 11:44 AM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
RE: Time to stagger out
Yay! Hit the trails and write us a report; it's great to see you back on deck!
Run. Just run.
28-09-2015, 11:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 28-09-2015, 11:55 AM by stillwaddler.)
Hellooo...well it wasn't so much a toddle, maybe more of a totter. Just 2.5 miles NONE STOP, well to be fair I probably didn't get above 11 minute miles and probably more like 12 minute ones on the longish hill ( actually its more like a slope but felt like a hill today.

I have been shamed into trying to get out more regularly, a once a week visit to the gym (if it's a good week) just isn't enough and I have been piling on the excess pounds. Not helped this weekend by attending yet another wedding, they had horrid John Willie Lees bitter so I was forced to drink my own weight in Carlsberg - eeek! I can't believe I admitted to that but Mr SW and I were giving the dance floor a good bashing and at least the lager was cold and wet. However 3 whole pounds were added to my erstwhile tiny frame so something must be done. The aim is to get the running shoes on at least 4 times a week...hhhmm sounds good doesn't it. Good to be back with you guys.

ps it was our first Mrs and Mrs wedding - a brilliant Bit of a Do.
Phew this is hard work !
28-09-2015, 12:05 PM,
Brilliant! Sounds like our stories are running in parallel, so it will good to compare notes. Sorry to hear about the Carlsberg - I trust you found a suitable antidote (Guinness, for example)!

Keep at it, it's great to be reading of your exploits once again!
Run. Just run.
28-09-2015, 05:50 PM,
Hurrah!!

By weird coincidence,  I've just had my first rowing session for several weeks, and have actually been looking at the Zurich Silvesterlauf ("New Year Race") website. 10 atmospheric kilometres round the festive streets of the old city in mid-December. Probably wishful thinking, but you never know.

I've had a mysterious foot problem all summer which cursed the 100 mile row-run plan and I've been too gloomy to even talk about it. It's finally receded so time to get rid of a few kilos.

Good luck, SW. I would kill for a few 11 minute miles. Not sure if I'll ever manage that again, but maybe a bit of de-ballasting will change everything. 
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.