Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seaford Mince pie 10 mile run
26-10-2015, 02:46 PM,
Seaford Mince pie 10 mile run
Hi Ladies and Gents 

I am back and will stick around now, health took a huge turn for the worst but using running to get better.

I have entered 2 races one this year the Seaford 1OMile run and then Brighton Marathon next year, i plan to do Tough mudder then i have decided to focus on 10k runs. I am running sub 48mins at the moment an want to get to sub 40 and i think its very achievable goal of mine. 
My body seems to be naturally able to run 10k with no training and i dont get pains or anything the following day and im doing these runs in sub 48mins all the time. So i want to focus on that. Last year i did Brighton half with 2 training runs and run it in 1hr 45mins which i was staggered about but delighted also.

I am thinking about joining a running club but not sure on if it will make a difference or not
26-10-2015, 08:34 PM,
RE: Seaford Mince pie 10 mile run
(26-10-2015, 02:46 PM)Seanmacrook Wrote: My body seems to be naturally able to run 10k with no training and i dont get pains or anything the following day and im doing these runs in sub 48mins all the time. So i want to focus on that. Last year i did Brighton half with 2 training runs and run it in 1hr 45mins which i was staggered about but delighted also.

I am thinking about joining a running club but not sure on if it will make a difference or not

Envious, but annoyed...  Smile

Most normal runners certainly benefit from joining a running club, but I'm not sure how normal you are if you can run a 1:45 half on the back of two training runs.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
29-10-2015, 09:40 AM,
Hi Sean, good to see you are back into your running. Running clubs are ace because they both worj you harder than you sometimes want but also teach you discipline to hold back when you feel you want to push on. Seaford Striders is an excellent club over your way, Tom Roper of this parrish can tell you more about their schedules.

I used to join the Jog Shop bunch, meeting at Brighton Marina on a Sunday morning. They tend to split into groups according to pace. They do some fine work over the cliffs back towards Newhaven so might work out well for you on that score.

Note to El G: the swine is young and slender, a real whippet : )

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

10-11-2015, 06:08 PM,
i cant get my running bug back at all at the moment, i know its the depression stopping me going but my god im struggling to get up and going, need to raise £400 for the cf trust and not even started on that yet for Brighton marathon, im just shattered constantly no idea how to get of this hole
10-11-2015, 09:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015, 09:25 PM by Charliecat5.)
(10-11-2015, 06:08 PM)Seanmacrook Wrote: i cant get my running bug back at all at the moment, i know its the depression stopping me going but my god im struggling to get up and going, need to raise £400 for the cf trust and not even started on that yet for Brighton marathon, im just shattered constantly no idea how to get of this hole

I'm going through a low running period as well. Mine caused by basic laziness.  My only suggestion, and it's not for everyone, is to join a club.  I joined LewesAC about a month ago and I love it.  It makes me get out there when I don't feel like it, when I would have otherwise made an excuse not to go.  The most difficult step in my opinion, is the first one out the door.  Once out there it is very rare I don't come back full of beans again.  
There is more to be done
11-11-2015, 07:08 AM,
Yes, force yourself to put your running kit on and just head out the door and see what happens. You might be surprised.
Run. Just run.
12-11-2015, 07:15 AM,
Wise words from two wise old heads. It really is all about that first step through the door.
Everything else is usually pretty darned good.

12-11-2015, 05:46 PM,
i pulled out Brighton Marathon today, am going to concentrate on small runs and not have the pressure of such a big event ahead, im gutted but i think its the right move, maybe when things are better
12-11-2015, 07:21 PM,
Don't worry about it. I pulled out of the Jog Shop 20 earlier this year, and yes it was frustrating, but completely the right thing to do. It also took me in a new direction which is good. Running should be fun... I don't understand those who turn running into a masochistic art form. Take that first step out the door and run what makes you happy (admittedly the happiness often comes after the run... and usually involves beer - and pork scrachins).
There is more to be done
12-11-2015, 11:08 PM,
Mmm, pork...
Run. Just run.
01-12-2015, 06:53 PM,
really looking forward to this thanks to Mr Tom Roper i have my race number and ready to go on Sunday, have a slight hamstring issue so aiming for 1hr 45.

Found out my Garmin had a pace setter yesterday so going for a run tomorrow and trying it out going to aim for 11min Miles as i have been running 8 but i really need to slow it down.

Should be a good run and hopefully the weather improves a bit for the day
06-12-2015, 05:39 PM,
Today was a disaster, at the 2 mile mark i felt my hamstring just start feeling a bit sore, i decided to see if could run it off, at mile 3 up in the poxy south downs in the pouring rain and driving winds i slip and feel my hamstring just go pop.
45mins later after laying on sodden muddy ground im in the back of a 4/4 st johns ambulance and heading back to peachaven leisure center.

I looked out the window this morning and said to myself dont go its horrendous out there, but i went and boom. Cant see me running for atleast 8 weeks, have to say thats the worst conditions i have ever run in was foul.
08-12-2015, 09:30 AM,
That's appalling Sean, rotten, rotten luck. All the best for recovery, and hope you get out there again sooner than you think.
Run. Just run.
09-12-2015, 03:19 AM,
Bad luck mate. You need to get some decent off-roaders for that sort of malarkey.
Heal well. I'm sure you'll be back before you know it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Run Reigate Seafront Plodder 0 654 06-08-2018, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder
  The Seaford Half Marathon Seafront Plodder 1 6,476 05-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  14th June Marina Run Gideon 0 3,937 01-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Gideon