Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
August and new beginnings (again)
14-08-2016, 10:42 AM,
August and new beginnings (again)
It’s not that I haven’t been running.  Other than a couple of weeks with the lurgy I have run at least 3 miles a week… and some of the miles have been in Norway, France and Cumbria.  But if I’m honest… I’ve fallen off the band wagon; hit the dirt (well duvet); lost my mojo; put on 3kg and drunk far too much beer (if that’s actually possible).

But I am determined to put this behind me and look anew to the future.  And having run the Twittens this morning I realise how much work I need to put into the future.  My previous running form has exited stage left.   It’s time to rebuild and start putting in the miles – whether on wheels or feet, it doesn’t matter.

Almería raises it head next February… and I am planning a little jaunt up to Cumbria this autumn to run the Cat Bells (put a note in your diary BGG).  We also have a marathon to arrange (Date 12th March) and I think that at the very least the Race Director and I should test out each half at some point.

Lots to do… time to get on with it.
There is more to be done
14-08-2016, 10:54 AM,
RE: August and new beginnings (again)
Good to hear CC, go for it, son.
Run. Just run.
17-08-2016, 06:03 PM,
Melancholy running.

I use to have a collie dog… I loved that dog.  She was called Jess, because that’s a proper collie dog name.  I always wished I'd called her Melon tho’ so as to have had a meloncollie dog.

Since Sunday I have run every day including today.  And it has been really tough.  Made tougher by the fact that I haven’t had a drop of ale since Saturday (cold turkey) and have crashed my calorie intake to get back to a reasonable running weight.  

I set out to run three miles tonight… the route chosen because it was flat (well as flat as you get in Lewes - still 70 metres of elevation).  I had to rest up twice which meant penalties.  1-minute rest equals an extra 0.1 miles.   In the end it turned out to be 4 miles (0.6 of that was penalty miles).  But it was slow and I needed to rest.  Time on the feet – good.  Junk miles – not so good.

Tomorrow is a day off (up early, home late), and then Friday I am going to attempt Blackcap.

On a positive amongst the frustrations, I went running last night with Mrs CC5.  We drove and parked at the top of Firle Borstal and then steadily climbed up to Firle Beacon.  I ran a little further and did a couple of loops so ended up running 4 miles to her 3.  It was lovely to be out together and I was impressed what a good runner she is starting to become.  Steady but determined – she doesn’t stop.  

There is more to be done
18-08-2016, 12:16 AM,
If the dog had lung problems, it would have been melancholic...

Best of luck with the return to health and fitness. It's not always easy, but it is always worth it.
Run. Just run.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  August lashes out in volcanic fury Charliecat5 30 11,955 01-09-2015, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Sweder
  August already 2014 Charliecat5 18 7,203 29-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Charliecat5