Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schleptember
19-09-2016, 03:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 19-09-2016, 03:03 AM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
RE: Schleptember
(16-09-2016, 01:43 PM)Charliecat5 Wrote: Short against mileage - against what are you measuring?   I have taken a much simpler approach (for me anyway) by trying to maintain an average daily target (2 miles/day).  When I'm feeling on top of the world I bank the miles (currently have an average of 2.5); then when the body and soul (and work) are against me I have the buffer to maintain the target.  So far it's working.  I have a spreadsheet to prove it and everything.  

I am also shuffling the running deck - heading out to local places that I have not run before.  This creates interesting opportunities for rest stops, or rather head scratching, as I work out which way to go.  Last night Mrs CC5 dropped me off in the next village and I ran back home over Caburn... in the pouring rain.  I really didn't fancy running but given that I had allowed myself to be dropped off miles away from home with no phone and darkening skies, the motivation was there to get those feet moving.   Still not feeling the best (tough day at work) I decided to break the run up into fast legs and slow recovery legs... with the odd standing under a tree when the rain was at its worse.    Overall, with the *ahem' lost bits and rain stops, I still got home in a pleasing time.

Keep at it mucker... there's plenty of time before Almeria.

There's no doubt it's working CC, you've put in some great runs in recent times, and running over Caburn in any weather is a fair effort. I remember looking at Caburn from atop Lewes Castle. It looked bleak and forbidding and not a little challenging as a run. In bleak weather, all the more so.

Yep, as you say there's plenty of time before Almeria, but as someone reminded me recently, we seem to have reached our later years far, far sooner than we thought we would when we were young. Time doth fly, my son.

Better get on with it, then I suppose...
Run. Just run.

Messages In This Thread
Schleptember - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 02-09-2016, 06:54 PM
RE: Schleptember - by Charliecat5 - 07-09-2016, 05:05 PM
RE: Schleptember - by Charliecat5 - 08-09-2016, 02:24 PM
RE: Schleptember - by glaconman - 15-09-2016, 09:08 AM
RE: Schleptember - by glaconman - 19-09-2016, 10:22 AM
RE: Schleptember - by Charliecat5 - 16-09-2016, 01:43 PM
RE: Schleptember - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 19-09-2016, 03:00 AM