Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schleptember
21-09-2016, 11:12 AM,
RE: Schleptember
Good runs and rarish grape varieties.

So, a good run today, albeit a little odd. It began lethargically enough, and I thought as I got under way that this would be a very slow, 'just grind the sodding thing out' sort of run.  Of course, in keeping with the nature of this running beast, after a short while things started feeling good and I finished it not a million miles from within race pace, albeit race pace for a far greater distance of course.

But never mind the stats, this was a great, fast run by my humble standards and left me feeling fantastic for the rest of the day. In fact, it was one of those runs that had me feeling around dinner time as if I should go for another run. Of course, my physio would have strong words to say about that, so I didn't, but all in all, it's a very positive outcome.

If only every run could feel like this...

Still, in nearly fourteen years of running, I've never quite figured this game out. I don't suppose I ever will, and maybe that's a good thing. Running is a bit of a metaphor for life, I think, in that if we really knew what it was all about, we might not bother.

But, whoa there! That's way too much existentialism this early on in the training schedule.

I blame the sparkling durif* we had with dinner.

Yeah.

That's it.

*2005 vintage. Superb.
Run. Just run.

Messages In This Thread
Schleptember - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 02-09-2016, 06:54 PM
RE: Schleptember - by Charliecat5 - 07-09-2016, 05:05 PM
RE: Schleptember - by Charliecat5 - 08-09-2016, 02:24 PM
RE: Schleptember - by glaconman - 15-09-2016, 09:08 AM
RE: Schleptember - by glaconman - 19-09-2016, 10:22 AM
RE: Schleptember - by Charliecat5 - 16-09-2016, 01:43 PM
RE: Schleptember - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 21-09-2016, 11:12 AM