Low carb / Maffetone / other regimes
23-07-2017, 02:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 23-07-2017, 02:47 AM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
RE: Low carb / Maffetone / other regimes
(22-07-2017, 11:44 AM)marathondan Wrote: What's the situation with sweet stuff? All fruit OK, anything containing flour out, but otherwise fair game? (chocolate, ice cream, syrup, etc?)

Are you concerned about the amount of fat you're eating?

PS - why the butter-frying? Is vegetable fat too high in carbs?

Fruit is fine, Dan due to the fibre you consume with it. Fruit juice (unless it's very pulpy) and other sugary things are basically out, at least whilst you're on your way down to your target weight. I guess I don't consume much in the way of simple sugars anyhow, so it was never a big deal for me, but I do eat chocolate in moderation.

Butter just tastes bloody good. High fat is not an issue. Cheese is great, too. It's carbs that are the enemies here, not calories, as such. There are loads of documentaries on the subject now, such as "Cereal Killers" or any of those American anti-sugar movies, or the Dr Michael Mosley programmes. They all pretty much say the same thing: sugar is the enemy, not fat.

Fry up, it's good for you. But go easy on the bottled sauce.
Run. Just run.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Low carb / Maffetone / other regimes - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 23-07-2017, 02:46 AM