Low carb / Maffetone / other regimes
04-09-2017, 09:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2017, 07:47 AM by El Gordo.)
RE: Low carb / Maffetone / other regimes
(03-09-2017, 09:52 PM)Bierzo Baggie Wrote: Hey Andy, were you aware of the UTMB in Switzerland over the weekend? Best race ever apparently with the long awaited head-to-head between Kilian Jornet and Big Jim Walmsley (neither of whom ended up winning!) Don't know if they make much of a sing and dance about it outside Chamonix ...although it is the biggest ultra-trail running event in the world today.

Hi BB -- sorry to say I'd never heard of it until now. From its Wikipedia entry, it sounds like quite an event. 166 kms around Mont Blanc, with an elevation gain of nearly 10,000 metres. But still oversubscribed.  I won't be joining the waiting list. Today's 40 minute struggle with the elliptical was enough.

Talking of mountains to climb... I'm back in Vaduz tomorrow night after work, but this time the 6,000-capacity stadium is not host to FC Vaduz but to the Liechtenstein national team. Did I mention that I have a season ticket for the national team's World Cup qualifiers? Six games for about 100 CHFs, but these include contests against Italy and Spain. Indeed, it's the turn of the Spaniards tomorrow evening. We'll be seeking revenge after the first leg. Made it to half time still only 1-0 down, but managed to concede seven flukey goals in the second. Record so far: Played 7, Lost 7. Scored 1, Conceded 26. After Luxembourg's heroics against the French last night, I think it's the week of the minnow. I can see an historic giant-killing on the cards. 2-0 Liechtenstein, I reckon. Hurrah!
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Low carb / Maffetone / other regimes - by El Gordo - 04-09-2017, 09:31 PM