Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bewltastic
08-07-2008, 09:16 PM,
Bewltastic
Advertised as Bewl 15, stated as 14.2 - the garmin registered 13.65 miles.
Distance aside another great outing for this multi-terrain race close to Tunbridge Wells, around the manmade lake.

Clocking just under 1:55 this year a good improvement on last years time, when the going was tough and underfoot was soggy, and the year before when the thermometer was nearly 30 degrees.

Ladyrunner kindly gave Stevio, Gary and myself a lift out there in her glorious campervan, replete with chilled beers for apres-race thirst quenching.

The weather was kind, cool and sometime blustery, the rain coming out for the last few minutes of my race and heavy thereafter.
The first mile or so descends through a fielded path to a bottleneck stile. I elected to clear a nearby fence and felt comfortable and bouncy, maintaining a steady 7:20,30 min miling for much of the around lakeside route.
Got to 9 miles and the road climbs, the legs were heavy and unresponsive - a hammer gel eased the lactic and managed to get to 11 miles in 90 mins.
The last mile is back up the initial field descent, a slothful pace and I was finished. Well spent, collected my medal and FREE cake, nice!!
Back to the wagon to get out of my wet things and enjoy the ice-cool beer.

Shall have to get LR to race drive again, replete with shower and toilet - what more could you want.

Attached Files
.jpg   Bewl 06-07-2008.jpg (Size: 97.02 KB / Downloads: 106)
Moyleman
09-07-2008, 10:26 AM,
Bewltastic
Moyleman Wrote:Ladyrunner kindly gave Stevio, Gary and myself a lift out there in her glorious campervan, replete with chilled beers for apres-race thirst quenching.

Is she married? Does she have a sister?

Oh, and nicely run, btw MM.
Run. Just run.
23-07-2008, 07:10 PM,
Bewltastic
A great morning's run over the downs and a great turnout. I elected to cut the run to just over a healthy 2 hrs. Others went on and did 18/19 miles. I had sterling company in the presence of a newbie, Nick.
He's planning Abingdon in October, and the others Autumn marathons so we'll be in good company over the rest of the summer.

Run in was on tired, jaded legs which to me is always a good sign that the distance and effort was enough without struggling/walking the last bit to home.

Girlfriends birthday Saturday, so will miss this weekend. Seems to be the unfortunate norm at the mo. One long run every other week. Shall have to improve that in August as it's now only 3 months ish until the tough Beachy Head Marathon.

Attached Files
.jpg   Trail Marina, Brighton 20-07-2008.jpg (Size: 98.04 KB / Downloads: 95)
Moyleman