Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crisp (free) autumn days
13-11-2018, 08:09 AM,
RE: Crisp (free) autumn days
... end up at the parkrun. It wasn't as exciting as I inadvertently suggested!
20-11-2018, 08:21 AM,
Update ... 20 November ...

Running continues same - just weekend parkrun Saturday and twitten run Sunday. But feeling fine ... so need to get some regular weekday runs

Weight has shifted down ... so around 5lbs to go to hit my 20lbs target

Hopefully these updates can then become more interesting and focussed on running!
20-11-2018, 09:29 AM,
(20-11-2018, 08:21 AM)OutAlongTheRiver Wrote: Update ... 20 November ...

Running continues same - just weekend parkrun Saturday and twitten run Sunday.  But feeling fine ... so need to get some regular weekday runs

Weight has shifted down ... so around 5lbs to go to hit my 20lbs target

Hopefully these updates can then become more interesting and focussed on running!

20lbs? Isn't that a little underweight? You must be as thin as a rake...
Run. Just run.
20-11-2018, 01:43 PM,
Thanks for the concern. If I hit it, I will be in middle of BMI range ... so not too thin (I hope!)
26-11-2018, 08:18 AM,
Monday update - finally feel the groin thing may have turned a corner (if that's not too eye-watering a metaphor).

Park run Saturday and Twitten Run Sunday done without feeling any twinges.

So this week looks like it can be resumption of weekday running ... planning Tuesday evening and maybe Thursday lunchtime outings. Plus a longer run on Saturday.

Weight now just 4lbs away from target ... and it's noticeably easier to run compared to when this all started in mid-September.
04-12-2018, 07:13 PM,
Update ... I can repeat word for word the 26 November update ... but with slight groin twinge.

So my weekday runs still haven't yet kicked in: weather (awful), work (awfully busy), trains (awful) ....

Weight remains at c4lbs over target. Now 20 days to deadline and it's touch and go .... makes for an exciting finish
11-12-2018, 03:24 PM,
Update ... better than before ... since managed Friday (7 December) to get out on hills. 7 miler up and around Caburn and back at c6min per km. So that was good. Then parkrun return to Bevendean Down - for first time since mid-August. Started gently then got into trying to chase someone down who looked like he shouldn't be going quite as quick as he was going. Ended up doing just under 26 mins for hilly parkrun - which was my third quickest outing on the course. Then twittens Sunday as usual. And now - Tuesday - am getting back from work in decent time to allow for trot round the streets of Lewes. This will be my first weekday mileage since early September when the psoas stuff was aggravated.

Plus now just 1lb to go on weight target ....
15-12-2018, 12:07 PM,
So this can happily now be the last post in this thread. I have hit my target loss of 20lbs this week and thus no longer need to be crisp free ... I celebrated with suitably carb- and fat-filled meals (such as a nice Mexican pork burrito). And now need to be careful not to shoot back up

But this does mean that running now feels an easier prospect than it had done before.

So this week has seen a good 10k outing round the streets of Lewes on Tuesday evening.

And this morning (Saturday) a good 7 miler over the hills from Lewes to Bevendean Park Run (on the eastern edge of Brighton) - and then the park run completed in decent time.

Hurrah! And thanks for the comments and support

The public declaration here back in mid September that I was going to drop 20lbs by Xmas has made all the difference.

Off to buy ingredients for a nice beef stew ....
15-12-2018, 01:34 PM,
Hearty congrats! Just get through the festive period with no horrendous weight gain and you'll be in fine form for Almeria. Well done!
Run. Just run.
15-12-2018, 09:18 PM,
I'm so glad you've managed to lose 20 lbs in these few months, OATR. It'll help you run faster in Almería.

Saludos desde Almería.