Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire in the sole
15-06-2008, 04:31 PM,
Fire in the sole
Since running in the stanmer park charity relay my feet are covered in huge blisters. i can only put this down to the tight turns every 50 metres. Needless to say after this mornings excursion from the marina [i can now put a face to Ladyrunner] my feet are on fire. Does anyone have any tips for recovery that don,t involve not running.
Today was a beautiful jaunt up the snake with Ladyrunner ,Roger ,Chris ,Helen,Dave and Gideon
15-06-2008, 08:06 PM,
Fire in the sole
Steve

I managed to get a big blister today during our run. It's my first blister for a long time but up until recently I have only been doing short runs. Today I wore some old running socks - twin skin type.

What socks were you wearing??

Next week I'll be returning to my 1000 mile single skins socks - ultra thin material - think that they are the 1000 mile triathlon socks.

Thanks to you all for your great company today and I'm really pleased as I ran the lap 10 minutes faster than a month ago, and I felt much better today afterwards.

I must be getting a bit fitter Big GrinBig Grin

JulieSmile
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
16-06-2008, 05:46 PM,
Fire in the sole
I was also wearing twin skin socks ,maybe thats the problem anyway i 'll not be running at all for a week. Next Sunday my three girls are running the race for life , so i'll be at Stanmer park cheering them on.
16-06-2008, 05:54 PM,
Fire in the sole
Sorry to hear about the trotters Stevio. Rog wore twin-skins for Two Oceans and had to ditch them after first 10k.
Luckily he carried a spare set Eek

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

16-06-2008, 08:57 PM,
Fire in the sole
Steve

I think its time to go to our fav 'jogging' shop and invest in some new single skin socks.

Enjoy next Sunday at Stanmer Park,
Julie Smile
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!