Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodgey calf
03-04-2008, 07:21 PM,
Dodgey calf
Hello to everyone its been over a year since i posted anything but this afternoon with London looming and a dodgy calf i took myself off to the physio, a softly spoken gentle man Eek what is that about. 10 minutes in he had to inform me that the couch was new and he would appreciate it if i would stop chewing the face rest. I have a very low pain threshhold but even Captain Quint would have been pummelled into submition ,so with several hand slaps on the couch and a very loud yelp it stopped.Unbelievably on the way out i made another appointment for next Tuesday.
This obssesion with running is getting out of hand.

Thanks Sweeder for the other Sunday have just shown my daughter your post she loved them and it`s inspired me to write more.

Good luck to everyone at London.
04-04-2008, 07:16 AM,
Dodgey calf
steve scott Wrote:Good luck to everyone at London.
And so say all of us Stevio.
As that other Ash, the homocidal android in Alien, said to Ripley and Parker, 'You have my sympathies'. Calf knack is not the best thing to take into a big race but it seems we as a breed are destined to live with these injuries. Lets hope you won't have to eat the whole sofa before its healed!

I'll be outside Oddbins opposite halfway and around 22.5 miles.
Give us a cheery wave Big Grin

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

04-04-2008, 09:01 AM,
Dodgey calf
Hiya Stevio

I hope you battle through this last minute hiccup in your plans.

We are of an age where these niggles become amplified and prolonged.
The treatment is a good call, thresholds aside I have regular treatment even if I'm resting. It keeps me ticking over and I see it as a long term preventative measure. A monthly treat !!

I shall be thinking of you as I'm kicking back in Hong Kong on the 13th, on my stopover to NZ.

Catch you sometime in May.

MM
Moyleman