Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elizabeth: The Golden Age
02-03-2008, 03:19 PM,
Just whiled away a couple of lazy Sunday afternoon hours in the company of Cate Blanchett and Clive Owen in the sumptuous feast that is Elizabeth: The Golden Age. The film tells the story of Elizabeth I, Walter Raleigh et al standing firm against the might of the Spanish Armada. The cinematography takes the breath away, the performance of Ms Blanchett is truly immense as the love-lorn monarch isolated by her position, surrounded by lilly-livered advisors and with the fate of a nation riding on her every move. For those who are less familiar with the historical facts I'll not spoil the ending, except simply to say:

One-nil to the Eng-urr-land, one-nil to the Eng-urr-land Big Grin

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

02-03-2008, 03:50 PM,
Sweder Wrote:Just whiled away a couple of lazy Sunday afternoon hours in the company of Cate Blanchett and Clive Owen in the sumptuous feast that is Elizabeth: The Golden Age.

You mean you didn't watch QPR's 3-0 annihilation of Stoke? You missed an even greater spectacle.

With M out on Mother's Day duty, I'm considering a trip to the cinema to catch a film I'm very keen to see. Trouble is, when she finds out I've been without her, There Will Be Blood.

See what I did there?
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
02-03-2008, 11:00 PM,
That's almost as bad a gag as the (pre-match) taunting from the French rugby fans at the Parc des Princes, claiming that theirs was No Country For Old Men. Sadly for Les Bleus the 'old men' opened up a whole new can of whup-ass . . . Big Grin

Looks like the worst thing Stoke could have done was go top of the Championship. It's all gone a bit Pete Tong since then . . . still, the Mighty Lewes look destined for greatness, following as they did on saturday in the footsteps of Fergie's Fledgelings with a 95th minute winner against the warriors from Thurrock. With Eastbourne Borough falling 1 - 2 away to (see page 92)

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph