Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ducks, Ponds, Waddling, and all that...
25-11-2007, 06:38 PM,
Just wondering if anyone was planning on doing the Duck Pond Waddle next Sunday (2nd Dec)? If you haven't contemplated it, then it's 9 miles of mud, rutted track, hill and, probably, rain, starting from the West Worthing Tennis Club, in sunny Durrington. And, if my description wasn't sufficiently enticing, you get a wine glass for your troubles. Yes that's right, a wine glass. Which has got to be better than what you get for hauling yourself around the Mince Pie Ten a week later...go on, guess!
25-11-2007, 06:43 PM,
Hiya Remster. Can't make the Waddle sadly as I'll be working in Amsterdam. I'm planning to make the Mince Pie Ten though - Mmmm! We enjoyed a good windy blast into the hills today - you'd've loved it!

See you soon.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

27-11-2007, 07:20 PM,
Looks like a few of the JSJers are finding their way back to the website after recent changes. In case you missed details of the Almería Half Marathon trip here's a recap:

Flights: were around £ 30 round trip - may be a little higher now.
Easyjet Gatwick - Almeria on Saturday 26th Jan
Return on Tuesday 29th Jan

Hotel: Tryp Indalo Almería
Cost is around 58 Euros for a single, double or Twin
Four star, about a klick from the start

Race: online registration not yet open
Entry: around 10 Euros
This includes race pack, T-shirt, three course supper at the stadium the night before
Road circuit, stadium finish (500 metres on the track)
Around 600 entrants (maybe a few more), usually some top African runners.

Unofficial Monday activity:
Almahilla Mountain Plunge - a five mile(ish) offroad plummet down through the wild-west style hills to a small town for a beer

Evening activities:
Molly Malones's Irish pub
Many Tapas bars, including the excellent Fifth Bull
Walking about between bars and restaurants

This trip is completely disorganised - in terms of what you're obligated to do.
All, some or none of the above. There are non-running partners going too. If you fancy the trip drop a line on here. If there's enough of us we'll ask the hotel to lay on some mini-buses at the airport.

JSJers already signed up:
Sweder (Ash) and Moyleman (Chris)

08-12-2007, 04:47 PM,
Up for some mince pie madness tomorrow - Peacehaven at 10:30-ish. Was worried about late entrants - there's a maximum entry of 500 - but having been out this afternoon, and with the forecast for even more rain and wind, I suspect there won't be much of a queue.