Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At last I take the plunge
25-04-2007, 09:45 AM,
Sounds good

I don't normally do 10k's. But on this occasion I could make an exception.

I'll bear it in mind and have a chat with other JSJ's - see what they are up to.

Regards
Moyleman
27-04-2007, 04:59 PM,
My workouts this week have been tempered by bit of jadeness - Hungover from SA no doubt.

Managed one spin class - to the uneducated, a stationary bike ride - but I feel well rested for tomorrows 4hr charity bash @ my Gym.
Managed to sort out a laptop for Rick - the instructor, who's going to run the Mpeg's off this to a display and audio output.
4 different hours as well - with Tour de France featured climbs and pumping house, Rock and African music, short break in between each hour to recover and rehydrate. Got my supply of Hammer Gels today, great stuff should keep me going when it gets tough.

Also managed my const. yesterday, pretty non-eventful - apart from some twat trying to get directions off me whilst I'm running up a hill. What was he thinking - I had my cap on, head down & Iplod blaring.
Track du jour - Bob Marley - Three little birds.
"Don't worry 'bout a thing, cause everything little thing's goin' be alright"
Really suited my slow run pace & mood.

Aside from nursing my sore backside and bits tomorrow - planning a 2hr jaunt around Devil's Dyke Sunday morning. A preamble to the 3 forts.

So, an action packed weekend it is then !!
Moyleman
29-04-2007, 04:50 PM,
May draws near and my list of desirable races looks longer and longer, Rog - the god botherer has coerced me into the Marlborough Downs challenge - 20 miler.

This is the guy that only runs for medals - the prize? A MUG!! Still he's driving so it should be a nice outing. As long as I can persuade him to turn off the church rock music he's taken to playing.

Anyway, a superb weekend was headed up by my 4 hr spin session. Excellently organised and on home turf - I have done ones before, but this was great and all for a good cause. The first hour - trance and some mad mountain bikers up on the video.

This provided the Track du Jour - For an angel by Paul Van Dyk. A kicking little number that got the legs spinning, heart rate pumping.

2nd hour - managed to ride the Tour de France leg - Les Deux Alpes out of the saddle, a tough 45 minutes.
3rd hour - African music - a more restrained, recovery hour. Unfortunately video died, so just music which was a welcome relief into -
the final Rock hour, Rick's music of choice - Sweder would have been in his element.

Drinks, wine gums, Jaffa cakes, Bananas all laid on and a barbeque after to boot. A lovely morning - no Guinness, but some clever bugger had put a Harveys Keg behind the bar - lovely. Had to restrain myself with the post rehydration, with the car in tow.

Truleigh 14
Sunday - A luvverly 2.5 hours over the Dyke to Truleigh Hill and back. A quintet of bodies - Le soft, Gill, Jane & Remy. Le soft opted to trudge back from the Dyke, but his place was taken up by Marian - another runner coming back from a long break. A beautiful breeze cooled our brows & limbs.
The run back sped by as I tried to keep in touch with Remy, a swift little bugger - who commutes to London and so this is generally his only outing of the week. Came back through Saddlescombe, back to the Rugby fields @ Waterhall. The girls sauntered in 5 mins later - "You were going well". My limbs were jaded from yesterdays efforts but I had what I call a nice tick over run.
Note to self: must get a small digi-camera, to present the lovely vistas on offer.

My girlfriend Tina was up in London yesterday for a wedding and brought back pie, mash with some kind of Parsley sauce - she always raves about it.

So off to feed my face - 2 cans of lovely cool Guinness await my imbibing. Wink
Moyleman