Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 - April
07-04-2007, 12:01 AM,
2007 - April
April comments here please.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
08-04-2007, 06:46 PM,
2007 - April
O, how this spring of love resembleth
The uncertain glory of an April day,
Which now shows all the beauty of the sun,
And by and by a cloud takes all away!
18-04-2007, 01:33 PM,
2007 - April
Great to read your most recent post today, Andy.
I can't see Sicily dampening your ardour, though it's bound to slow you down a tad. Look on it as reward for fighting through the dour weeks of February and March and emerging enthused and invigorated. Much like QPR, really.

There's a lot of positivity flowing through the site just now. It often happens at this time of year; there are so many good stories unfolding. The redoubtable Antonio continues his unstoppable quest for sub-2 glory, Ana takes her first steps towards Almerian nirvana, MLCMan's incredible battles with his treacherous limbs, Peterwards' superb assault on the Highlands, my own impression of Icarus and Luc's return to the running fold. Looks like the Spanglofiles are hard at it too; a fesitival of training and reports to come; life is sweet.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

18-04-2007, 02:03 PM,
2007 - April
Sweder Wrote:There's a lot of positivity flowing through the site just now. It often happens at this time of year; there are so many good stories unfolding. The redoubtable Antonio continues his unstoppable quest for sub-2 glory, Ana takes her first steps towards Almerian nirvana, MLCMan's incredible battles with his treacherous limbs, Peterwards' superb assault on the Highlands, my own impression of Icarus and Luc's return to the running fold. Looks like the Spanglofiles are hard at it too; a fesitival of training and reports to come; life is sweet.

You are certainly right, but please do not forget Andy's gardering merits as well as SP's mangulation Eek
Ana Smile
18-04-2007, 02:28 PM,
2007 - April
Sweder Wrote:Great to read your most recent post today, Andy.
I can't see Sicily dampening your ardour, though it's bound to slow you down a tad. Look on it as reward for fighting through the dour weeks of February and March and emerging enthused and invigorated. Much like QPR, really.

There's a lot of positivity flowing through the site just now. It often happens at this time of year; there are so many good stories unfolding. The redoubtable Antonio continues his unstoppable quest for sub-2 glory, Ana takes her first steps towards Almerian nirvana, MLCMan's incredible battles with his treacherous limbs, Peterwards' superb assault on the Highlands, my own impression of Icarus and Luc's return to the running fold. Looks like the Spanglofiles are hard at it too; a fesitival of training and reports to come; life is sweet.

In my case, it's even better than that. I just haven't had time to write about it. Too busy running at lunchtimes. going to the gym, rejoining the running club, entering races, reading voraciously, shedding weight....

When I can, I'll find a moment to describe some of it.

But you're right. Things are good around here. I trust SP has pulled on his ever-tightening shorts to rejoin the athletic classes?
El Gordo

19-04-2007, 10:37 PM,
2007 - April
And I'll be running my second half marathon of the month next week...nothing to write home about, but I'm doing it. And I finally got a job as well a good one too I think! Things are definitely looking up this spring.

Suzie
20-04-2007, 07:56 AM,
2007 - April
suzieq Wrote:And I'll be running my second half marathon of the month next week...nothing to write home about, but I'm doing it. And I finally got a job as well a good one too I think! Things are definitely looking up this spring.

Suzie

Great news, Suzie. I'd been wondering how the job search was going, but didn't like to ask. That's cheered me up. (Not that I particularly needed it.) M asked me recently too.

Well done on the running as well. I've got a couple of halfs booked for the autumn, but mainly 10Ks over the next couple of months.
El Gordo

20-04-2007, 08:27 AM,
2007 - April
suzieq Wrote:...nothing to write home about, but I'm doing it.
Don't write home about it . . . tell us!!! Please.
Good on yer Suzie.
I see a veritable Tsunami of PBs rushing towards Southern Spain next January Big Grin

26-04-2007, 09:49 AM,
2007 - April
Just for info -- I've been doing a spot of languid writing here in Sicily, but plan to post it all in one entry at the end.
El Gordo

26-04-2007, 10:07 AM,
2007 - April
andy Wrote:Just for info -- I've been doing a spot of languid writing here in Sicily, but plan to post it all in one entry at the end.
You can go off people, y'know . . . Big Grin
Have fun.

28-04-2007, 09:21 PM,
2007 - April
Just got online for the first time in a couple of days.

Great news from the football fields of England today. Well done ManU, tough sh1t Chelsea.

And how sad to see Leeds going down... Big Grin
El Gordo

29-04-2007, 09:17 AM,
2007 - April
I know what you mean Andy. As an ex-Leeds fan they're one of the reasons I don't care about football anymore. Although there are plenty of others. A dose of humility won't be a bad thing for a club like Leeds.

On the flip-side the meltdown at Leeds is largely the responsibility of Ridsdale and O'Neil; and it seems wrong that there impact should be felt for such a long time.
02-05-2007, 10:53 PM,
2007 - April
glaconman Wrote:I know what you mean Andy. As an ex-Leeds fan they're one of the reasons I don't care about football anymore. Although there are plenty of others. A dose of humility won't be a bad thing for a club like Leeds.

On the flip-side the meltdown at Leeds is largely the responsibility of Ridsdale and O'Neil; and it seems wrong that there impact should be felt for such a long time.

I do sympathise -- up to a point (though I think you meant O'Leary rather than O'Neil..?). Sorry, I'd forgotten that you were a Leeds fan. In fact, I was almost a Leeds fan myself for a while. In my 13 years or so in Yorkshire I suspect I paid more visits to Elland Rd than Loftus Rd.

Yes, the current Leeds family are paying for the excess of their older, departed relatives, as it were. But that's the way it goes. The old Leeds gambled and sadly, they lost.

This is the main reason I can't stand Chelsea. Chelsea were another Leeds. They gambled in the same way, over-leveraged their assets just like Leeds, and were famously within a month of bankruptcy and possible liquidation before the sinister Russian and his mysterious 600 billion roubles appeared. That's what's unfair. I shouldn't take delight in the downfall of Leeds though I do think it's a fair outcome for their failed gamble. I just think that Chelsea should have gone the same way.

Incidentally, I've no doubt whatsoever that Leeds will be back in the Premiership within five years, and quite possibly three years. It's a tough punishment, but as with Man City, it'll be pretty brief.
El Gordo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2010, April El Gordo 0 2,170 05-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Last Post: El Gordo
  2008 - April El Gordo 21 14,238 05-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  2007 - December El Gordo 5 4,681 24-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  2007 - October El Gordo 3 3,678 18-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Sweder
  2007 - July El Gordo 8 5,979 21-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Last Post: El Gordo