"Must See" Films
07-02-2007, 01:07 PM,
"Must See" Films
Stop! You two boys on this way!!!! aghhhhhh:mad:
I do not understandBig Grin
Ana Smile
07-02-2007, 06:38 PM,
"Must See" Films
Ana Wrote:I agree that “Capote” is a very good film, a little bit too dark for me and a pity that it only rules all about “In Cold Blood”, forgetting other nice aspects of Capote work like “Breakfast With Diamonds” Rolleyes … But,it is a “compulsory to see” film anyway.
Regarding Spanish recommendations, we have another very good director, Almodovar apart called “Amenabar”. Their three films are fantastic: “Tesis”, “Abre los ojos” (open the eyes) and “Los Otros”, (The others, well known because Nicole Kidman plays inside).
Perhaps too French for you, but I cannot avoid telling that I am an addicted to Truffaut films. Especially charmant are Antoine Doinel (director’s alter ego) histories. They must be seen following this order: "Les 400 cents coups", "baisers voles" (stolen kisses), "domicile conyugale" and “L’amour en fuite”.
I love as well any mafia and lawyer’s film, been my favourite Billy Wilder’s “Witness for the Prosecution”. What a great barrister!!!!Eek
Now, time to remember other films that you can see at any time: Delicatessen, The piano, Love actually, Cinema Paradiso, Idiots’dinner, American Beauty…
Oh Eek , there is also one wonderful film/documentary regarding a beautiful and sensitive love history. It is not played by pretty Hollywood faces; instead, film stars are penguins, so that its name is “March Of The Penguins”. Really a Must.

Interesting thoughts, and Sweder's that followed (even though I'd heard some Alien angst in Almeria. The sequel (above) wasn't as good as the original Big Grin .

Thanks Ana, you've given me some good recommendations to check out. Don't know Idiot's Dinner but all the others mentioned in that sentence (Delicatessen, The Piano, Love Actually, Cinema Paradiso, American Beauty) I've enjoyed a lot, particularly the last two. Have you seen Il Postino? Has a similar mood to Cinema Paradiso. Great music too.

I'm also a big fan of legal and courtroom dramas. For some reason, I also go for school and prison movies.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
08-02-2007, 08:20 AM,
"Must See" Films
andy Wrote:M's away next weekend, and I've decided to use the time productively --

Dear Andy,

After this smart strategy of asking for some films recommendations, bla, bla, bla... [u][u][u][u]Would you finally confess us now what do you [SIZE="4"]really[/SIZE] has planned tfor this weekend Wink ?[/u][/u][/u][/u]

Uppps, it was secret, sorry,

ehhhh, I just wanted to say that I have forget another funny and intelligent film. An italian, "Il ultimo Bacio" (more or less) "The Last Kiss" in english Smile
Ana Smile
08-02-2007, 10:51 PM,
"Must See" Films
andy Wrote:Don't know Idiot's Dinner

Have you seen Il Postino? Has a similar mood to Cinema Paradiso. Great music too.

About Idiot's Dinner, sorry, wrong translation. The real name is 'The Dinner Game', or Le dîner des cons... really funny. You are right about 'Il Postino'. For us the name is 'El cartero y Pablo Neruda', so poetic...
Ana Smile