Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
18-04-2009, 01:17 PM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
In memory of Chris I would like to propose that the Team Moyleman reunite and run this fanastic race this year on Sunday 5th July.

You can read Chris' account here http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/s...php?t=1715 of the memorable day that we had last year. This was Chris' last race before he became ill.

Entry form: http://www.wadhurstrunners.co.uk/bewl.html

Campervan seats already reserved for Gary, Stevio and Sweder and we will have cold beer again, so let me know if you guys can make it and all the other Team Moyleman members. And Almeria gang!!SmileSmile
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
18-04-2009, 03:25 PM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
I remember my first Sunday run with Chris and the guys about 18 months ago, you all made me feel very welcome and quickly regarded you all as friends and an extended family, who always look out for each other. If it were not for you guys I probably would have given up running and not joined Brighton & Hove AC as I didn't consider myself to be good enough to be a club runner.

It was an honour to be part of the Moyleman team at the Hastings Marathon, and the highlight of my running career. If it were not for that run I would not have considered another marathon, for that I thank Chris for being an inspiration.

I would love to be part of the Moyleman team again at Bewl.

Julie, is there a spare seat in the camper?
18-04-2009, 04:38 PM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
You're right Jules, Bewl was one of Chris's favourite summer outings. I promised him I'd join him some time but for various reasons never did. This will be a fitting occasion to make good on that.

One caveat - provided I'm ok to run/ walk briskly. I'm still off my feet running-wise but will do all I can. Worst case I'll walk it.
Great idea.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

18-04-2009, 05:36 PM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
Postscript: seems I'm down for day three of London to Paris cycle (JDRF) that day. Irony is if I'm not fit for Paris I might be OK to stroll Bewl :o

20-04-2009, 11:54 AM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
Hey Ju,
Sounds like a good idea - perhaps we can extend the invite to as many of those who knew Chris and would like to do something in his memory
20-04-2009, 03:11 PM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
.... me GCWink. We will need to spread the word. I had a brief online chat with Cam on Saturday and she would like to run at Bewl.

Sweds - that sounds like a long ride London to Paris. How many KM's are involved over 3 days?? Can you pedal on water?
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
21-04-2009, 11:23 AM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
Julie - count me in for Bewl Water. Have never done the race (despite everyone telling me what a great run it is). A fitting event to remember Chris.
21-04-2009, 05:22 PM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
Welcome to RC Simon - it's great that you are going to be part of the Team Moyleman for the Bewl run.

Do you guys think that we should enter the run under the team name "Team Moyleman" rather than B&H, Arena or RC? We might get a telling off from Graham Ashdown as it is a Grand Prix event, but as we are running in Chris' honour and none of us are big scorers in the Grand Prix (but Fiona could be?) I think we should go for it!

And then another dilema - what do we wear? Club vests or look into getting some technical t-shirts ordered especially for the team??

Comments please.
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
23-04-2009, 09:28 AM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
Julie - think it's a great idea.

I am sorry I was never able to get to know Chris personally but through others - and the Hastings Marathon - have been left with the impression of an inspirational and genuinely great guy. I am sure his influence and memory will live on. My sympathy and best wishes go out to you all.

It was a privilege and hugely motivating to be a part of Team Moyleman last Dec at Hastings.

I'd like to take part at Bewl. At the National Road Relays last weekend the BHAC team wore black ribbons. How about something along those lines?
23-04-2009, 10:55 AM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
Cam has just been in contact and will be coming along to Bewl in Ladyrunner's vanSmileSmile.

We should enter the race under our running club name, and wear our club vest and I will sort us out some purple ribbons to wear.

Once again if you have any running gear that is purple please wear it with your ribbon, (tights, shorts, t-shirts, sweat bands etc).

Julie Smile
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
24-04-2009, 05:14 PM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
Would love to do the run with you guy's, sounds like a day to remember!!!Smile
Any space for a small (ish) bottom on a seat with anyone????:RFLMAO:
24-04-2009, 07:09 PM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
I'm afraid i'll be in Malaysia at the time of the race though i would have loved to have been part of the team.
If your fundraising for charity put me down for £50
24-04-2009, 07:30 PM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
Pleased to report I've got a taker for my place in London to Paris (ends on the same day) so definitely in for Bewl. Small matter of losing a stone or two and finding some purple leggings now . . . Eek

25-04-2009, 10:34 AM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
Count me in.
26-04-2009, 04:14 PM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
... for Ladyrunner, Gary, Sweder and Moylebird.

Simon H & Simon P - would you two be able to provide lifts to our other team runners?

Chris has certainly set a new trend as I will also be on the look out for purple shortsCoolCool
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
26-04-2009, 05:36 PM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
Based on what just happened in the hotel gym, a session so ugly as not to be described before the watershed, I shall be providing a purple face :o

26-04-2009, 09:05 PM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
I've got a family commitment pencilled in for this day, but given the circumstances, am optimistic that they will understand, so I hope to be able to join you all.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
27-04-2009, 05:25 PM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
ladyrunner Wrote:... for Ladyrunner, Gary, Sweder and Moylebird.

Simon H & Simon P - would you two be able to provide lifts to our other team runners?

Chris has certainly set a new trend as I will also be on the look out for purple shortsCoolCool

LR, the SPmobile will be available for transportation (SP + 3).

Now for some proper training - the odd 5K around Hove Park won't get me round the course! I feel a cheeky trot to the wire over the weekend coming on. Eek
27-04-2009, 06:13 PM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
SimonP Wrote:Now for some proper training - the odd 5K around Hove Park won't get me round the course! I feel a cheeky trot to the wire over the weekend coming on. Eek

My thoughts exactly Sp. I'll join you for a very leisurely wire plod on Sunday. 09:00 departure? Bad foot or no bad foot it's gotta start somewhere . . . Sad

27-04-2009, 10:18 PM,
Bewlastic 14.2 miles
So you won't be joining me for the old 3-forts half on Sunday then Sweder??Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!