Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moyleman
16-04-2009, 06:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2015, 01:18 PM by Sweder.)
Moyleman
I am terribly sorry to tell you that Chris passed away last night.

His close family & his beloved Tina were by his bedside. He is at peace, and those who love him are grateful for that smallest mercy at what is otherwise a most terrible time. I can't say more now; I just wanted all of you who knew Chris and who have wished him well to know.

Ash

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

16-04-2009, 07:41 PM,
Moyleman
Incredibly sad, and strangely infuriating.

Look out for me on those Newton Hills Chris -- I'll need you there buddy, every step of the way.

RIP Chris Moyle.

EG.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
16-04-2009, 07:45 PM,
Moyleman
I am so, so sorry to hear about Chris. I only knew him through his write-ups, but felt like I had gotten to know him that way. My heart and thoughts go out to his family and to all his friends. This is very sad for everyone who knew him.

Suzie
16-04-2009, 09:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-02-2017, 08:48 PM by Sweder.)
Moyleman
suzieq Wrote:I only knew him through his write-ups, but felt like I had gotten to know him that way.Suzie

Well put Suzie - I'm sure that's the case for quite a few here.
It reminded me that I'd intended to post a link to one or two of my favorite Moyleman pieces. As in life so in his write-ups, Chris had an infectious style. These offer a brief glimpse into the wonderful world of Moyle.

The Firle 20
Training for Beachy Head
The run according to Moyleman

There's plenty more in these pages, some scattered about in other diaries.
It's pure Chris, ripe with good humour and harsh self-assessment. There's no side to him, what you see (or read) is what you get. Sometimes brutally honest, but all the more loveable for that.

I hope folks will pop in here from time to time to revisit MM in his pomp, as I like to do.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

16-04-2009, 10:26 PM,
Moyleman
Chris, sorry I never got a chance to meet you in person. Thanks for all you gave to us here, and to so many others in running and beyond, by all accounts.

My thoughts are with all those of you out there who knew Chris in person, and to whom I know he was a great friend.
17-04-2009, 08:13 AM,
Moyleman
How fragile life is. It seems like only yesterday that we were reading about MM running with Sweder in the Two Oceans Marathon.

Rest in peace runner.
17-04-2009, 11:25 AM,
Moyleman
Chris. Those long jaunts on the Downs on a Sunday morning won't be the same without you.
Hope the trails are great where ever you've gone.
Run on friend!
Andy
Life's short,Run Long!Cool
17-04-2009, 12:44 PM,
Moyleman
I feel terribly sad about your death, Chris. Life is often unfair because you were full of life. However, we will always remember your smile, your kindness, friendliness and your example.

I met you in Brighton at the Al Fresco restaurant after the Brighton 10 km in 2007 and in Almería half marathon in 2008. I have wonderful memories of you and Tina here in Almería.

All my sympathy to Tina and your family.

20-04-2009, 06:23 PM,
Moyleman
I never had the good fortune to meet Chris in real life. But had the pleasure of reading about his runs and escapades with Sweder here. They always made good reading and were inspiring.

My thoughts to his family and friends.

Peter
21-04-2009, 11:07 AM,
Moyleman
I was very saddened to hear Chris had passed away. I first met Chris some 10 years ago when I took up running. I had always aspired to be as fast as him but never quite got there. I can hear him now telling me 'Thats cos you don't do enough training!' He had an awesome, quick witted sense of humour.

My thoughts are with Tina, Camilla and the rest of his family.

Keep the Guinness chilled 'til we meet again, mate. Simon