Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
December
01-12-2006, 03:11 PM,
December
Ho Hum, things are not too brilliant, have had a painful calf, probably caused by increasing my pace and increasing hills. Have cut right down on the mileage, third week in November only managed one outing of 3 miles all week. Doesn’t look like I will be doing the Stockport 10, it’s a punishing course and tends to only attract “proper” runners even though I’ve done it twice before averaging 10 minute miles, I have been in the last 20 or so completers. In my current form I couldn’t expect to finish anything but absolutely last. I suppose I’m just not willing to grind out 10 miles risking my calf to have the ignominy of finishing last. Will probably scratch and then plod on to do the half marathon that Mr SW has entered us for at the end of January.

Despite my lack of recent training, I checked my training log today to find I have clocked up 684 miles in the last 12 months ( taken from the middle of December at the start of the FLM training). Will I manage to round it up to 700?

Feel more than the usual glumness I always get at this time of year, last year was slightly better because I had the excitement of getting in to the FLM. I’ve put a daylight bulb on my Santa list, I need some light at the end of the tunnel.

Was on the treadmill at lunchtime, a colleague of mine was on the next tready. I persuaded her to start running about 18 months ago, she’s 20 odd years younger than me and has always been fairly fit, was devastated to find that her machine was reading 7 miles covered in 59 minutes. Don’t you just want to spit sometimes :-(
18-12-2006, 12:24 PM,
December
clocked up for this year, managed a last gasp 3.4 to reach the magic number on Saturday. Shouldn't have gone out, have some virus thing - first sign of anything like that in over a year - but am now feeling Ruff. Never mind, time to start an new spreadsheet,

(700.7 in 119.41 hours, average speed of 5.9 = 10.2 minutes a mile. Quite pleased with the averages, especially as a lot of it was v.slow marathon training. Wonder what next years totals will be?)
18-12-2006, 05:26 PM,
December
stillwaddler Wrote:clocked up for this year, managed a last gasp 3.4 to reach the magic number on Saturday. Shouldn't have gone out, have some virus thing - first sign of anything like that in over a year - but am now feeling Ruff. Never mind, time to start an new spreadsheet,

(700.7 in 119.41 hours, average speed of 5.9 = 10.2 miles an hour. Quite pleased with the averages, especially as a lot of it was v.slow marathon training. Wonder what next years totals will be?)

Good to hear from you, SW.

You don't really mean 10.2 miles an hour do you? Do you mean 10.2 minutes per mile? Either that or I'm retiring.....
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
18-12-2006, 06:22 PM,
December
andy Wrote:You don't really mean 10.2 miles an hour do you? Do you mean 10.2 minutes per mile? Either that or I'm retiring.....

. . . or you should change your name SW Wink

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

18-12-2006, 09:46 PM,
December
I guess it must be 5.9 miles per hour = 10.2 mins per mile.

Phew, she 'ad me goin' there.....
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
19-12-2006, 09:08 AM,
December
that has adled the one brain cell I had left :-) Have amended original above. Will endeavour to catch up on what has been happening here, apologies for not partaking, work has been intervening in normal life again :-(

(Wish I could run that fast 'though - sigh...)