Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The big white space
26-03-2009, 09:06 PM,
The big white space
There's a big white space at the top of the page. What should go in it? Photos of the small-but-perfectly-formed RC community?
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
26-03-2009, 11:43 PM,
The big white space
A rogues gallery perhaps; maybe a hall of shame - er, that is, fame?
Diarists could submit their fave 'action' shots . . . Best not have mug shots though, we're looking to attract new members . . .Eek

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

27-03-2009, 11:14 PM,
The big white space
Yes, sounds like a good idea. Maybe an annual update, to save work for the webmaster? You know, end of the year, look back over the past 12 months' adventures and collate the highlights. Mustn't get too twee / cliquey though.

Or maybe it's possible, with a little script magic, to insert a random image from, say, a Flickr set? Then anyone (with the password) could post to the set.
28-03-2009, 08:43 AM,
The big white space
I'll take a look at the Flickr option, or similar. Thanks.
El Gordo

24-09-2009, 09:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 24-09-2009, 09:45 AM by El Gordo.)
RE: The big white space
Let's revisit this.

As suggested, how about some pics of the community? Something along these lines perhaps? http://www.runningcommentary.net/forumtest/

If people want to send me a pic or pics, preferably 230px tall (but don't worry if you can't -- I can resize them), I'll see what our options are for some sort of rogues' gallery as Sweder put it. If we have more than the space, I'll figure out some sort of slideshow.

If you don't send me anything, I will take this as permission for me to go and grab something posted previously. If anyone has genuine objections to a pic appearing, with username, PM me.

If you think it's a genuinely rotten idea, or have a better one, please post a reply.

Mail me at andy@runningcommentary.net

We also need to get a sidebar back for links. And I would prefer the old smilies. I got kinda used to them.
El Gordo

24-09-2009, 12:41 PM,
Looks good to me.

As there's no chance of me looking cool, I might as well go the whole hog, and give you this one to use.

No problem with smileys, although I rather like this chap that you used today: Confused. But maybe he was available on the old software as well.
26-09-2009, 02:12 PM,
More action snaps needed for the diarists please - SP, SW, BB... and an honorary Suzie if she's willing. I'll add a Moyleman when I find the right one.
El Gordo

26-09-2009, 09:47 PM,
Yes, others please send pics so that the existing ones are made smaller... Blush

(where's a ":eek" when you need one?)
26-09-2009, 09:49 PM,
(26-09-2009, 09:47 PM)marathondan Wrote: Yes, others please send pics so that the existing ones are made smaller... Blush

(where's a ":eek" when you need one?)

If 'anyone' is unhappy with their pic, please send me another... Dodgy
El Gordo

20-12-2009, 11:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-12-2009, 11:06 PM by El Gordo.)
Eagle-eyed readers may notice a pictorial amendment at the top pf the page. Any regular who would like their pic up there, or who would like to change their current one, please PM or send me something suitable: andy@runningcommentary.net.

Don't worry about cropping/resizing etc as I can do that.
El Gordo

21-12-2009, 09:04 AM,
Ah yes, the Sweder sheds its gaudy summer plumage, and returns to its favoured hillside habitat in its drab winter coat.