Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
July
17-07-2006, 01:50 PM,
July
Last Monday I pledged that I would run every lunchtime from work – got to get back into the swing of things somehow before I out grow all my clothes.

This was duly accomplished with a 5 on Monday and 3 on the rest. Saturday was designated a rest day because I had a full rehearsal all Saturday afternoon followed by a concert in the evening so little time to do anything else.
Sunday saw a new route tried. I normally just choose a route beginning from my own back door, but this weekend, being home alone (Mr SW is having fun doing wet stuff on wrecks in the middle of the English Channel) I decided to drive out a little way and run along the canal tow path. It was delightful, I left early enough so that it wasn’t too hot, there were very few people about, just the occasional dog walker and passing narrow boat skipper to nod at. Beautiful countryside, lots of birds un-phased by my passing and quite a good path under foot. Four miles out and back, then back for coffee and a read of the Sundays (not the Telegraph Andy!) Will definitely repeat the route in the very near future.

Still don't feel any thinnner though :-(
17-07-2006, 02:02 PM,
July
Thinner. Hmm . . . it's something we're all looking for at the moment, SW. I've been 'back' for just about two weeks now (although last week was my first 'full' week of running). No discernable change in the shape of my World Cup belly, but I'm starting to feel a tad lighter on my feet . . .

One of the problems (when you've run a marathon as recently as two months ago) is you remember all too well what it felt like to be really fit. Yesterday I groaned when I realised how far I'd fallen since Paris; yet I'm nowhere near as out of shape as I have been.

A comforting straw to clutch until the hard work pays off :o

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

17-07-2006, 03:50 PM,
July
Tell-me-about-it chaps.

Since returning from India in April I've steadily put the weight back on. And I haven't run much since March, either.

I'm going to start-up again by cycling to work and then start to squeeze the odd run in now and again.

January's marathon seems like a long time ago; but I can still vividly remember those post-marathon runs when running 10k just seemed like abit of fun.

It's a strange mixture of frustration and optimism that's for sure.
18-07-2006, 11:06 AM,
July
We can do this guys - just cut down the intake and up the output - easy!!!

Ho HumWink
18-07-2006, 11:51 PM,
July
Hmm, "eat less do more", it's the mantra I hear frequently from the self-righteous, condescending, patronisingly smug bastard skinnies at work. They don't realise it, but the day the World Stout* Peoples' Domination Party take control, those self same skinnies will be the first up against the wall.

Having said that of course, there are a lot of fat slobbies who give the stout brigade a bad name.

Me, I sit in the middle somewhere. On that collapsed fence over there... Sad

*That's not stout as in Guinness you understand, although there is often a connection!
Run. Just run.