Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STOP PRESS!! O'Neill to be Sunderland's new manager
09-03-2006, 05:19 PM,
Sunderland have named their new manager!

In a press conference John-Jo said he was fed up with training horses and was going to give donkeys a try. Big Grin
09-03-2006, 05:31 PM,
My office was a gloomy place this afternoon. Ash P, my roomie here at EFI, is a seriously devoted Scouse Red. The silence was tangible when I arrived just after lunch.

'Alright' as I put my briefcase down.
'Yep' the clipped reply.
'I saw you're old mate Ben last night.'
'What, Ben from Helitech a couple of years ago? How is he?'
'No, not him. Ben . . .

. . . Fica.'

Well, I enjoyed it, anyway.
Pip pip!

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

13-03-2006, 11:08 AM,
Yet more doom and gloom in the Liverpool half of the office this morning.
I wondered, without a trace of mischief Rolleyes, if Steven Gerrard has something going on with Thierry Henry.
He has previous, as was well documented on MotD2 last evening.

Perhaps he's looking to boost his Fantasy Football League standing.
He seems unlikely to get much joy providing assists to his own profligate team-mates so he's taken to setting up the opposition . . .

. . . I know, I know - hardly much to crow about down Sir Matt Busby Way these days and yes, it is more than a bit sad to take one's sporting pleasures from the failings of one's rivals. But what with the appalling collapse of our Rugby players in Paris and this morning's capitulation in Mohali these pitiful crumbs of spiteful comfort are all that's left Sad

Unless you count the utterly incredible ODI score from South Africa yesterday Eek

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

13-03-2006, 11:59 AM,
Sweder Wrote:Unless you count the utterly incredible ODI score from South Africa yesterday Eek

Sadly I missed this. One could be forgiven that having scored 4/434, it was all over red rover. But enter one H.Gibbs...

What a game it must have been. Second last ball, one wicket in hand. Doubtless the only people leaving the ground early were those suffering heart attacks...

One day cricket may never be quite the same again Cool
Run. Just run.
13-03-2006, 12:24 PM,
Truthfully posted by Mid Life Crisis Man Wrote:One day, cricket may never be quite the same again Cool

You got that right!

Attached Files Image(s)