Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who knows where the time goes?
22-01-2006, 06:57 PM,
Well, me actually, but I always liked the song. The time goes in changing nappies, early morning feeds, bath time and generally trying to keep a smile on baby Blue's face (aswell as his Mum's). It also goes in Christmas, Kings Day, the January sales.

But hey, I'm getting a few kilometers in here and there, usually either late at night or very early in the morning. Last Friday I managed to escape at half past midnight to fit in ten miles. One does receive a few strange looks at two in the morning doing the straetches in front of the Playa Club on the Coruña seafront. Not so many as before though, perhaps people are getting used to me.

I'm in training again, although these last few months I've been trying to escape for a run now and again. I haven't been able to do enough to maintain my fitness so this month I've been trying to get back into some sort of shape. I'm up to around 40km per week but it's a long way to go to get back to where I was in May last year.

Not to worry, it's all part of being a dad. Next weekend will be Viana do Castelo again for me, I have no problem with the distance but let's see if I can reign in my enthusiasm, given that I'm about 10 minutes slower than normal at the moment.

Bierzo Baggie wrote about the Lugo race. There I ran five minutes slower than I would normally, which meant running with a different group of people, here in Galicia one gets to know everyone who runs at the same pace.

good luck to everyone running in Almeria. If I carry on writing here, I'll not have time to go for a run.
22-01-2006, 11:45 PM,
Good for you RB.
"Brian is back......Brian is back....."Big Grin
31-01-2006, 11:28 PM,
That wasn't so bad then. I wasn't sure that I'd make it to Viana. The weather was a bit iffy over the weekend. There ended up being a smattering of snow close to Santiago de Compostela but nothing much. It's inland that there was more snow. It was cold though, well at least at the start of the race. Although I was not quick, I ran a measured race. I managed to keep myself under control till kilometer thirteen (which for some deluded reason I thought was halfway) Still, I ended up with a nice 13km run and a five mile race on the end of it. I was well happy with the time of 1hour 33minutes. More or less as I thought (or hoped) it would be.
05-03-2006, 11:22 AM,
Any more races coming up Brian?
11-03-2006, 03:54 PM,
I was supposed to be running Vigo-Baiona half marathon on 26th March, but this has coincided with a 10km race here in La Coruña. I'm busy preparing myelf for that at the moment. There's a race in Ordenes the weekend before that aswell, but more on these later. What with the shop, the baby and everything else, there's not much time left for the forums.
11-03-2006, 10:14 PM,
No problem RB, you have to get your priorities right.

I suppose.... Big Grin

Hope all is well with the young 'un and the business, and that you'll have some running to tell us about later on.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
13-03-2006, 11:30 PM,
Lara's got her first pair of Nikes. Wanted to get her a pair of Walsh fell runners but they're difficult to come by around here.
Maybe you could ask Adrian if he fancies a race? (I reckon you've got the faster pushchair though...Big Grin )

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

24-03-2006, 10:31 PM,
Aaahhh...

The front wheel wobbles a bit at speed, I'll have to tinker with it (then the wheel'll drop off).

here's a photo of baby Blue with his first pair of runners... as you can see he wasn't impressed:

24-03-2006, 11:18 PM,
Riazor Blue Wrote:here's a photo of baby Blue with his first pair of runners... as you can see he wasn't impressed:

I'm not surprised - they look like Dunlop Volleys Eek
Run. Just run.
28-03-2006, 12:17 PM,
Did you run the fireman's 10k in La Coruña RB? Please keep us informed of the races in Galicia....especially useful for me for future reference...ta!
29-03-2006, 12:20 PM,
great to hear you are back out there RB, there is life after kids, it just takes a bit more organisingSmile
06-04-2006, 08:48 AM,
[attach]892[/attach]

Here he is..........

08-04-2006, 11:45 PM,
Thanks Sampedro, I didn't see that photo on the Correrengalicia.org page.
It was a windy day in La Coruña, but we finished just before the wind really broke loose. The poor guys who ran Vig-Bay this year had to run sixteen kilometers into a near gale force headwind, I take it that you were in Vigo?
For a first running, the bomberos race was good. The local police forgot to block the traffic in certain places though, the most dangerous being Plaza Pontevedra going towards Juan Florez. I'm not going to complain about anything else in the race because I'm just happy that there is a race here at all.

As everyone can see in the photo, we are just about to cross the correrengalicia finish line, I dipped well and won by a short head.

Back in the real world I finished way down the field in 40'06 for the 10km. The winner, Lolo Penas was about 2.5km ahead of me.
04-12-2006, 11:40 PM,
Hola bluesy!
Heard on the grapevine that you were rubbing shoulders with 2 ex-world champs and a tour de france winner the other day. I reckon the forum deserves to know more.......
06-12-2006, 12:26 AM,
I was indeed.... and one ex-world champ told me all about his sore calf. More later..