Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the training proceeds
18-01-2006, 03:24 PM,
the training proceeds
up here in sunny Cheshire, keeping to the plan. Running was v.hard up until last weekend, still suffering from a lack of iron after the recent blood letting session, but the iron tonic and the Guiness are putting me back on track.

10 miles on Saturday (should have been 9, but turned the wrong way at the bottom of our road!) was completed in relative ease and at a reasonable pace, even ran alongside MrSW for most of the way instead of the regulation regal 3 paces behind. We followed a circuit that we did last year at about this time, but this weekend we ran it in the opposite direction, for some strange reason it seemed a lot easier? "Ours not to reason why?"

Mid week has seen me on the treadmill at work for most of the shorter sessions, boring, but helps with the old knees, the MP3 player and the talking books combination has staved off the worst of the boredom, 5 miles and three chapters completed at lunchtime today.

Still can't contemplate actually running for 26 miles.:o

Am going to Colorado next month, to visit an old friend and to get in a little skiing, hope to be able to carrry on with the training plan whilst I am out there, but I suppose it won't do too much damage if I can't stick to it religiously, I'm hoping that just exercising at altitude will provide a bit of a stamina boost
18-01-2006, 10:32 PM,
the training proceeds
stillwaddler Wrote:Am going to Colorado next month, to visit an old friend and to get in a little skiing, hope to be able to carrry on with the training plan whilst I am out there...

I'm sure you can find Guinness in Colorado sw Rolleyes
Run. Just run.
20-01-2006, 03:14 PM,
the training proceeds
and some damn fine micro breweries too!! Incidentally, following on from a booze thread elsewhere on this forum, I gave up alchohol for January last year - just to proove I could I think Wink But I didn't lose and ounce in weight - ?
20-01-2006, 09:42 PM,
the training proceeds
stillwaddler Wrote:and some damn fine micro breweries too!! Incidentally, following on from a booze thread elsewhere on this forum, I gave up alchohol for January last year - just to proove I could I think Wink But I didn't lose and ounce in weight - ?

Which just proves there are no serious calories in booze... yea!
Run. Just run.