Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C B B
13-01-2006, 09:46 PM,
C B B
I'll probably get struck off for posting about this, but what the heck.
Like many others I've spoken to I tuned in to 'celebrity' Big Brother to observe Georgius Gallowayus perform for the cameras.

I've just had the misfortune to witness a singularly unpleasant piece of television. Micheal Barrymore, a man more in need of therapy than any in history, ranting like a demented 5 year old in the midst of a major paddy, followed by the expulsion of Jody Marsh, a living parody of (not so) poor white trash UK style. Ugh.

I have to say watching Davina McCall evacuate Ms Marsh from the building and drag her through the baying mob had all the hallmarks of a hostage rescue.

Sweder has just left the Big Brother house. Yuck.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

13-01-2006, 10:12 PM,
C B B
I've seen bits and pieces of it, but haven't quite found the enthusiasm to sit through more than a few minutes at a time. Not being snobbish about it. I just don't watch much TV, and tend to switch on only when there's something specific to watch. I tuned in a couple of times in the hope of seeing fireworks between characters like Barrymore and Galloway, but there was nothing to see. By all accounts it's been pretty lame stuff.

I suppose this sort of thing will fizzle out at some point. Interesting that that recent space-trip-that-never-was thing didn't really hit the headlines. There was quite a lot of publicity beforehand but once it got underway I heard nothing about it. Perhaps that's a sign that our curiosity is gradually being exhausted?
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
13-01-2006, 10:34 PM,
C B B
Happily I've seen little of the program before tonight. It looked like an end of the 19th century carnival, filled with freaks, disturbing people intent on frightening the punters. It worked on me at any rate.

Monday's telly delivered the BBC drama Life on Mars, a rare gem about a copper who travels back in time (in his subconscious - or is it?) following a serious accident. He wakes up in 1973, ‘still’ on the force, surrounded by chain-smoking misogynists tearing around Manchester in sheepskin jackets and pristine Ford Cortinas. The writing is excellent but the music steals the show. Worth a peek.

13-01-2006, 11:00 PM,
C B B
Yeah, I heard a preview on the radio and thought it sounded interesting.

Trouble was, I think it was on at the same time as a programme on Ch 4 I really wanted to see called The Root Of All Evil -- about religion. Absolutely compelling. Second and final part this Monday at 9. And to anticipate your question, no I very rarely video things because I never seem to get round to watching something I've taped.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
14-01-2006, 12:23 AM,
C B B
I don't video things because . . . I still can't operate the &%$!!! video recorder. Some amongst us have the luxury of Sky + which is, by all accounts, the real root of all evil . . .