Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And occasionally I go running...
04-03-2019, 04:35 PM,
And occasionally I go running...
It’s that time of year. The time of year when I’m all jittery.   A little on edge.  Mind constantly turning over.  With the Moyleman less than two weeks away, a mixture of nerves and excitement abound. Like a perfect cocktail (craft beer and a pack of pork scratchin’s)… the two coincide nicely together.

We had the last committee meeting on Sunday morning… a steady breakfast (the service wasn’t great) after the Twittens.  Most of the boxes are ticked.  These days it almost organises itself – a comment which is in danger of belittling the amount of effort that we all put into this.  But still, we do all know what we are meant to be doing, and when it needs to done by.  Mostly by the 17thMarch. 

I for one have almost forgotten the stress caused by last years’s weather and hadn’t mentioned the absence of my esteemed* sidekick for quite some time (days even).  However, his very lovely wife did bring the subject up in the car on the way to the first Seaford Parkrun (a run that the Moyleman sponsored BTW).  So, this year, bar any last-minute trips to the far east, we have a full team in place. We have a start.  We have an end.  We have beer and pizza.  We may even have a band (I know!).  We have a good posse of marshals and we have a lot of very excited runners.  We have also re-stocked the foil blankets and hand-warmers – but we’re not going to need them this year… 

*Other adjectives are available
There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
And occasionally I go running... - by Charliecat5 - 04-03-2019, 04:35 PM