Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Silva (Cerceda)
11-03-2005, 10:30 PM,
A Silva (Cerceda)
Mont San Pedro, last year, when I was training for the Baiona 10k, hill reps were a breeze, I used to fly up there, and back doen again. Today my quads are really aching. Ah well, it was the fist set of hills since July or August, last Sunday apart.

I like that 'elegant' comment, I'll have to show it to Bea, she reckons I look a twat (rather silly). Still, I was out at lunchtime today, 13km in glorious sunshine. Perhaps Spring has finally arrived as today was the first day this year that I've trained in short sleeves.

Who was that goalie? We've been outside the UK too long BB. I liked the idea of the training plan though as it's 12 weeks, which means I can get PorriƱo out of the way and other races I want to do more or less co-incide with the schedule. The other good thing is that the weekly mileage is not barbaric, I think that the greatest distance was about 80km, and that was only for one week. There are two fast sessions per week and a long run every other weekend.

Which brings me onto anoter point. I bought the Spanish Runner's World this morning and there was an Adidas marathon guide with it. I don't know if anyone else read it, or if there has been on in the UK aswell. It wasn't too bad considering. For those who have seen it, I liked the bit about the 2 X 6000m test, although I've never tried it out to see if it works. The streatching guide was OK. I'm not too sure about the comments on only drinking water during the race itself though. The argument being that taking gels or those glucose capsules will impair one's race as the increased levels of insulin may lead to hypoglycoma as the increased insulin tries to store glucose in the liver, thus reducing levels in the bloodstream and hence, the brain. I'm not too sure about this. The article even went as far as saying that one shouldn't drink isotonic drinks during or immediately before a marathon for the same reasons. I wonder what Paula, Sergio or Haile have in their specially prepared bottles, I'm sure it's not only water. I'm gonna continue with my gels, both in training and during halves and full marathons. Each to his own, though, perhaps I would run faster on water alone..... but maybe not, and as I'm only doing one marathon this year, I'll stick to what I know.

WILSON.. that's the chap, of dodgy Scottish parentage if I remember correctly.

Messages In This Thread
A Silva (Cerceda) - by Riazor Blue - 06-03-2005, 07:13 PM
A Silva (Cerceda) - by sampedro - 09-03-2005, 12:04 PM
A Silva (Cerceda) - by Riazor Blue - 09-03-2005, 07:35 PM
A Silva (Cerceda) - by Riazor Blue - 10-03-2005, 08:47 PM
A Silva (Cerceda) - by Bierzo Baggie - 10-03-2005, 09:33 PM
A Silva (Cerceda) - by sampedro - 11-03-2005, 01:33 PM
A Silva (Cerceda) - by Riazor Blue - 11-03-2005, 10:30 PM