Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carrera Camino de Santiago
23-10-2004, 10:38 PM,
Carrera Camino de Santiago
OK , I'll tell you the story.

When I opened the shop one guy came n and we started talking. As I think I said when I first started this diary, I've been running for fitness more than anything since I left school. Nothing serious for 20 odd years, just enough to keep me active, especially in the years when I was working overseas (back in the UK it helped with the footie and cricket). Over here I started to take it a bit more seriously, being that I'm over the hill for football.

Anyway, this guy asked me how I did in Betanzos back in May. I replied 92 minutes or whatever it was and he said "oh, so you don't train that much then".

As it turns out he's become a good customer, and comes in to tell me how he's getting on with his triathlon training. He is also great for publicising the shop and many people come along on his recommendation.

But that remark has stuck, and I want to find 7 minutes in half marathon or 3 in a 10k to give him a bit of a race. I don't think I'm too far off now.. if it doesn't come in Ferrol I'm hoping with marathon training I'll have him in Vigo in March (5 more months to clear the lungs out and he'll be there for the taking).

Well, everybody needs a reason for venturing out in the pouring rain when the wind's blowing a force 9 gale in your face.

Messages In This Thread
Carrera Camino de Santiago - by Riazor Blue - 17-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Carrera Camino de Santiago - by Yorkshire Plodder - 18-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Carrera Camino de Santiago - by Riazor Blue - 18-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Carrera Camino de Santiago - by Antonio247 - 18-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Carrera Camino de Santiago - by Nigel - 19-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Carrera Camino de Santiago - by Riazor Blue - 23-10-2004, 10:38 PM