Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Change.
02-05-2004, 11:15 AM,
All Change.
A good result for Deportivo last night, a nice 2-0 confidence booster against Real Madrid with a weakened team. There is a buzz in La Coruña at the moment. I went for a 25km jog along the promenade, harbour wall and the docks yesterday lunchtime and there were so many blue and white flags, scarves and all sorts. One construction company here has those concrete mixer lorries in blue and white stripes, there were seven of them driving in convoy between the stadium and the hotel where Madrid were having lunch, horns blazing. Let's see what will happen on tuesday.

The 25km yesterday was fine, no problems so I think I'm back to normal now. A cautionary tale though:

Yesterday I drank a litre of water before setting out, then a litre more during the run. When I returned I prepared half a litre of gatorade sports drink. Then with lunch another glass of water. Two cups of black coffee followed, then we has visitors. So a white coffee and a couple of small whiskies were consumed. Later I had two bottles od beer followed by another coffee. I watched the football, with the intention of going out to meet friends after the match.

When the game finished I stood up and had such cramps in my left thigh that I have never had before. These subsided, only to return 10 minutes later, really bad. Considering that yesterday was quite warm, especially at 12.00 when I went out to run, I did sweat buckets. I think I can say that the cramps were caused by a lack of salt and slight dehydration in the evening. After downing a litre of water and a very salty tuna sandwich I felt fine again and have not had any more cramps.

Of course the girlfriend is now worried that I'm doing too much exercise, and it's bad for me.

Messages In This Thread
All Change. - by Riazor Blue - 29-04-2004, 08:48 AM
All Change. - by El Gordo - 29-04-2004, 12:54 PM
All Change. - by Riazor Blue - 29-04-2004, 01:32 PM
All Change. - by Riazor Blue - 30-04-2004, 05:59 PM
All Change. - by El Gordo - 30-04-2004, 07:29 PM
All Change. - by Riazor Blue - 02-05-2004, 11:15 AM
All Change. - by Antonio247 - 04-05-2004, 10:33 AM