Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June, but far from flaming...
26-06-2006, 11:19 AM,
June, but far from flaming...
Started off Ok, lovely trip to Dublin, pleasant running along the canal until MrSW sprained his ankle being so busy looking at an approaching lock that he tripped over a high curb. Still, he was v. brave, we strapped it up and he managed to carry on walking doing the essential site-seeing. At least it didn't interrupt our Guinness drinking. For anyone who hasn't been, the Guinness Storehouse is a great place to visit, the panoramic views of the city from the top are amazing.

Back from Dublin and the hay fever starts with a vengeance, the itchy streaming eyes I can just about cope with, but the wheezing induced by even short slow runs is not good. Had to scratch from the City of Manchester 10k yesterday, shame because I had been looking forward to it. Ho Hum, just have to wait for it to subside and keep taking the anti histamines, trouble is I must have put on 5 pounds in the last fortnight - which, you understand – has absolutely nothing to do with the extra beer consumption necessary to get through the England World cup matches. If they keep playing like they have been now they are being faced with “proper” teams I might be forced to watch from behind the sofa, a situation I haven’t needed since watching Doctor Who at about the age of 8!! Still, so far my lucky England earrings (so delightfully tacky) haven’t let the boys down – well, I might just keep everything crossed next Saturday too.

Messages In This Thread
June, but far from flaming... - by stillwaddler - 26-06-2006, 11:19 AM
June, but far from flaming... - by stillwaddler - 05-07-2006, 12:27 PM
June, but far from flaming... - by stillwaddler - 06-07-2006, 03:45 PM
June, but far from flaming... - by Sweder - 06-07-2006, 04:52 PM
June, but far from flaming... - by Sweder - 07-07-2006, 07:30 AM
June, but far from flaming... - by stillwaddler - 10-07-2006, 10:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  June- life's a bitch and then there is no more running stillwaddler 22 11,586 16-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man