inujuries
05-10-2005, 03:59 PM,
inujuries
Andy in response to your latest posting, if anything doesn't respond to the recommend RICE treatment after a week or so, get thee to a good sports physio.
(says she who is nursing a long term foot problem (( 3 months or so)) but has fixed an appointment with the GP next week for a referral !!!)
05-10-2005, 04:54 PM,
inujuries
"Inujuries". I like it. Sounds like a cross between injuries you get in the nude and injuries you're inured to. ;-)

Interestingly enough, Google throws up 2570 references to "inujuries" so obviously I've been spelling it wrong all these years. ;-)

What's your foot problem?
05-10-2005, 05:09 PM,
inujuries
I have a foot problem....

When I run they don't go fast enough. Sad
05-10-2005, 06:36 PM,
inujuries
New shoes, Andy. It's the perfect excuse.
06-10-2005, 01:46 PM,
inujuries
I shall never post on here again
Phew this is hard work !
06-10-2005, 02:11 PM,
inujuries
The heel is still sore but it's definitely better than yesterday, so I'm hoping it will pass within a day or two. I'm going to be very nice to it, and hope for the best. The question: when is a pain an injury? was a serious one. Just have to wait and see, I suppose. I'm not unduly worried about it.

Sorry to hear about the foot, SW - 3 months out is terrible. Now that is an injury - however it's spelt. I really do sympathise. I deserve to have had more trouble with injury. I've got better at stretching after a run, but I don't do warm-ups or warm-downs, and my weight must put unnecessary pressure on my joints. I hope your referral sorts it out.

Nigel - my two current pairs of shoes are both pretty new. 124 miles on one pair, 77 on the other, so unfortunately I don't have much excuse.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
06-10-2005, 02:15 PM,
inujuries
stillwaddler Wrote:I shall never post on here again

I've edited it for you SW, so please come back. And even better, it makes Tim look silly now too. People who do 95 mile races deserve all they get.....
Wink
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
06-10-2005, 04:40 PM,
inujuries
andy Wrote:I've edited it for you SW, so please come back. And even better, it makes Tim look silly now too. People who do 95 mile races deserve all they get.....
Wink

What do I deserve if I do this? http://spartathlon.webvista.net/ ;-)
07-10-2005, 09:25 AM,
inujuries
Our local butcher "the mighty Basurko" did this one.
It was won several years running by a British doctor who was well into his 40s. Can't remember his name...Zaki..Zapi...Ziki...or something like that...