Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RSS feed
06-10-2005, 12:22 PM,
RSS feed
I agree on the support front, although let's face it, when you're putting one foot in front of another 40,000 times without a break, distraction is not a bad thing. Cliveden sounds "fun", I hope to give it a try pending family commitments. Look forward to seeing you on my NewsGator soon...
01-11-2005, 07:28 AM,
RSS feed
Andy, I REALLY hate to bring this up, but your feed is still not updating. My NewsGator is now full of blogs that pop up every couple of days; the energy saving from not having to make all those mouse clicks is truly life-changing. But Running Commentary ain't appearing.

The feeds that use standard, free online tools are like clockwork, and half the time the owners don't even know they've got feeds. Ironically, you've hand-created a bespoke site from the finest... er, programming stuff, but it's the bloggers who don't even know that they've got an RSS feed, let alone know what one is, that I'm reading daily.

Anyway, that's some feedback for you. Meanwhile I'll keep on reading you the traditional way.

Cheers

Dan
01-11-2005, 08:39 AM,
RSS feed
Dan, once again, sorry about the patchy RSS service. After our last exchange I did actually invest good money in buying the software to manage the feed and something else to help me read feeds. All was going well for a while, then I signed up with some tracking service or other and promptly lost my feed history and settings. It's not a critical error at all but I just need to attend to it.

I will do that this evening. And thanks very much for nagging me about it. To be honest, it's only when I get messages like this that I remember that people do actually use certain things.

(I should mention btw that there haven't been too many entries recently, so the situation isn't quite as bad as it looks....).

Are you at Cliveden this year?
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
07-11-2005, 11:57 AM,
RSS feed
Thanks, I don't like bringing these things up, but I'm glad to hear that you have received my feedback with good grace.

Cliveden doesn't look all that likely -- due to house-moving/improving just before Christmas and the consequent uncertainties of familial visiting, I don't yet know if I'll be in the area, and it sounds like for this one you have to book early to avoid (or should that be ensure?) disappointment.