Bouncy Castles and Races!
01-08-2004, 04:20 PM,
Bouncy Castles and Races!
Just a warning - bouncy castles and running don't go together. At a barbecue on Friday night, eventually managed to throw all the kids off the bouncy castle and get a go ourselves. Someone's challenge of a ten lap race had to be taken up. After shooting into the lead on the first two laps all of a sudden I seemed to end up writhing in agony in the corner holding my back. Eventually managed to stagger off and limp home - not a good idea two days before a race.
As for the race (why do they call them races? when all I seem to do is plod round at my usual speed, are we supposed to be the first back or something?!!), the back was a lot better this morning so decided that as I'd paid to enter better give it a go. It went quite well really considering the route was "undulating" (pretty damn hilly in my words!) so had to walk up most of the slopes (steep hills). Anyway the downhill bits were great and the lunch at one of the running club member's houses was even better. Yes, I definitely only run so that I can overindulge afterwards!!
The back amazingly feels a lot better after it and I now feel as if I've earned a rest day tomorrow!!