Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's all gone quiet on the running front.
15-05-2004, 08:56 PM,
I think the title says it all.

These last couple of weeks I have not had much time for running. Well, in the physical sense of actually running. In a related sense, all my time has been devoted to running as I'm in the process of opening a running shop here in La Coruña.

It's a shame really that it's taken so long, as May is the best month to run in La Coruña, as there are lots of 'carreras populares'. I am looking forward to the half in Betanzos at the end of the month, but I keep thinking that as I don't have too much time to train at the moment, I may be too unfit. Currently I'm doing about 25 kilometers a week.

I chickened out of the half marathon in Ferreirua last weekend. When we left the house at 8.30 it was raining heavily. And the weather continued to get worse the closer we got to A Pobra do Brollon where the race was. When we were about 10 km from the village, I decided that I didn't want to run in heavy rain. Especially as I had to get the shop ready all this week (and next week aswell). Going down with a heavy cold was not a good idea. Apart from that, there's nothing in Ferreirua... nothing at all except a couple of farms, fields and a football pitch. I couldn't leave the poor girlfriend sitting in the car for all that time in the peeing rain.

Still, breakfast was nice, and the Ma-in-law had made a belated mother's day lunch (mother's day in Spain is the first Sunday in May) with 'necoras' as the first course, 'cigalas' for the second, 'costillas ibericas' with roast potatoes for the third and 'leche frita' for 'postre'. In translation as far as I can, as I know more about seafood in Gallego and Castellano than I do in English... Necoras are a type of crab... yummy. Cigalas are scampi but the whole beastie, I think they are also known as crayfish...double yummy. Costilla is spare ribs, the iberica version is triple yummy but full of cholesterol-laden fat. Leche frita, fried milk, fit to explode yummy.

Then came this week and plenty of opportunity to work off all those calories.
17-05-2004, 10:18 AM,
Best of luck, Brian, with the running shop and your running goals.

It must be really exhausting to open a shop nearly as much as finishing a marathon under a predetermined time.

Best wishes

Antonio

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's a quiet month, February. Riazor Blue 2 3,124 21-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Riazor Blue