How is the new garmin Gizmo?
14-01-2004, 12:25 PM,
have been looking forward to hearing how you are getting on with the new Gizmo Andy, is it really all singing/dancing? Can it make toast?

Glad to hear you have reovered from your flu.
Phew this is hard work !
14-01-2004, 11:55 PM,
I've had a problem with it today, but until that point was very pleased. I'm hoping/assuming today's failure was just a blip.

If you want to know more, there's a long thread on the RW site, here:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/foru...=1&V=6&SP=
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
15-01-2004, 09:01 AM,
Yes I have read the thread which is what sparked the question, hope it gets fixed soon, must admit I have been rather tempted, the pacing facility is particularly appealing, plus I just like gadgets!Let us know whne it recovers...
Phew this is hard work !
15-01-2004, 10:09 AM,
I was mulling on whether to get one or not. Could you tell me where you bought it from Andy?
Cheers
Parky
15-01-2004, 12:03 PM,
I bought mine from ASK Direct, in Tottenham Court Road. (http://www.askdirect.co.uk, I think), but do read the thread on RW for more discussion about where and whether to buy.

The bad news this morning is that I think the thing has expired completely. I've recharged it but it won't switch on.

I've called ASK and they've said they'll replace it, whch I'll aim to do tomorrow.

Despite this setback, I'd still thoroughly recommend the gadget, or indeed the Timex SDM which I also have. The Garmin has more features than the Timex, and doesn't have the separate arm-worn transceiver, but essentially they do the same thing.
El Gordo

15-01-2004, 03:01 PM,
Thanks Andy but another question; I know this sounds daft but how heavy is it? I like the idea of this because I don't fancy the seperate transceiver.

I really dislike having to carry stuff or wear anything extra than I have to it. I really don't enjoy having to wear a bottle belt when marathon training and if I could persuade the missus to appear every mile and hand me water I would!
Cheers
Parky
15-01-2004, 04:29 PM,
It's very light indeed. The exact weight is in the spec at the back of the manual, which available in PDF format from the Garmin website.
El Gordo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Garmin Forerunner 205 free to a good home The Beast of Bevendean 7 4,883 03-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Last Post: marathondan
  Garmin 201 "problem". Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 8 16,299 12-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  ipod gizmo stillwaddler 2 1,456 21-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  Garmin woes Unregistered 7 3,421 10-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  Calling Garmin 201 holders... Seafront Plodder 14 6,201 03-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Griff