The Big Game
28-10-2003, 10:02 AM,
The Big Game
Well having read your last entry Andy, I'm afraid I can't wish you luck for tonight. Being a Man City fan I hope that QPR's cup run comes to an end.

Having said all that - this is just the sort of game we would (historically) lose, and given the erratic form of our ageing keeper all it will take will for him to be either

a) blinded by the floodlights

or

b) unable to communicate with our back four of two frenchman, one german and a chinese man. (Hmmm that didn't seem to be
a problem for the Danish bloke who played between the sticks last season!)

It'll be interesting to see if little Kevin has to trot out either excuse tomorrow.
Cheers
Parky
28-10-2003, 10:05 AM,
The Big Game
Oh yes I forgot to say that I expect a full match report later.
Cheers
Parky
28-10-2003, 11:26 AM,
The Big Game
parky....equally i wish your "ageing keeper" a Ronaldinho/Nayim, cross type moment, on Saturday, when Beattie launches a long one into the box.....come on you Saints!!!!!
28-10-2003, 01:51 PM,
The Big Game
Your ageing keeper was, of course, plucked from obscurity by QPR, and played for us for several seasons before Arsenal nicked him. His comments at the time about wanting "to play for a big club" didn't go down too well, and we'll ensure that he's reminded of them this evening. The other old boy is Sinclair.

I can't predict this one at all. If we decide to 'turn up' we can beat City, just like Wigan did last year, or at least give them a tough game. If we don't we could be decimated by half time.

I have plenty of memories of QPR-City games, though best of all is the Maine Road match in ?1998/9? when Jamie Pollock scored a wonderful own goal by lobbing the keeper. It finished 2-2. We stayed up and you went down. He's been a legend at Loftus Road ever since...

Yes, I'll report back.

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
28-10-2003, 02:30 PM,
The Big Game
Hmmm - yes I remember that game. Won't say anymore about it - ahem. That was during our 'wilderness years', when we had a plethora of 'talent' (?) due to the plethora of managers we went through (One season we had five different managers! is this a record?). Although Big Joe was in charge then (who I am pleased to see is doing a good job at Ipswich).

As for the Southampton game at the weekend... potentially it could be quite a good game and fairly open as neither side have a steady defence.
Cheers
Parky
28-10-2003, 03:02 PM,
The Big Game
neither has a steady defense? you obviously haven't looked at ours, i think we have conceded, only about 6 goals in the league at the mo in 10 games, Niemi is the wall behind the steady partnership of "Killer" Svensson and Lundekvam......our problem is only Beattie scores for us..(although Phillips is back!) ....you have no problem scoring, just typically Keegan leaky at the back.....but must agree with you, both teams can play excellent football on the groun!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RC big success, non stop Ana 3 1,955 01-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sweder