Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go!vember
30-11-2011, 03:36 PM,
RE: Go!vember
Thanks for a great report MLCM. What with the back injury and the weather, this was a rollercoaster ride of completely unpredictable proportions.

Regarding the injury, it's a huge testament to both you and your physio that you made it to both the start and finish lines. On the weather front, the fact that you couldn't open your pack to get your jacket out says it all.

The father-son connection is a great thing too, and something I would love to emulate one day.

Congratulations that you completed THE epic race of RC lore.

How is the back now, btw?
01-12-2011, 06:11 AM,
Congratulations, MLCM. It must have been really tough to climb that mountain with that sword of Damocles of injury in your mind and that awful weather in the last kilometres.

It´s been fantastic reading your beautiful report. I hope your back is already better.

Saludos desde Almería

01-12-2011, 10:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2011, 10:41 AM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
Thank you gentlemen, the back is much better, at least 90% so and not stopping me doing anything really. That last 10% is proving stubborn, but I'll be "back" to the physio next week so hopefully he'll sort me out.

Smile
Run. Just run.
10-12-2011, 10:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2011, 10:54 AM by El Gordo.)
Phew, that's my first P2P perspective finished, though I'm not entirely sure you've sold it to me just yet. That word "brutal" is never one to have me reaching for my spreadsheet. But what the heck, I hope to sample this exotic cocktail myself one day.

Many congratulations for making it. Amazing that you made it to the top in the circumstances. The combination of injury and conditions would have defeated most mortals.

Anyway, I'm saving my comment powder, as there is more to read....
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
10-12-2011, 09:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2011, 09:53 PM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
(10-12-2011, 10:53 AM)El Gordo Wrote: Phew, that's my first P2P perspective finished, though I'm not entirely sure you've sold it to me just yet. That word "brutal" is never one to have me reaching for my spreadsheet. But what the heck, I hope to sample this exotic cocktail myself one day.

There's no denying it's a tough one. But by the time the next RC P2P instalment comes round (looking very much like 2013) we'll have forgotten all that. But we'll always remember the camaraderie ... and the Guinness at the New Sydney Hotel ... and the Coopers Pale Ale in the Greengate Hotel... and the Mountain Goat Steam Ale in the Blue Mountains .... and ... well, you get the picture.

Big Grin
Run. Just run.
17-12-2011, 02:01 AM,
Hmm.

Mountain Goat Steam Ale, you say....?

Tongue
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nooooooooooo!vember Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 23 9,268 27-11-2015, 03:10 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  Nooooooooooo! (vember) Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 13 6,114 30-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Last Post: stillwaddler