Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future of RunningCommentary
10-08-2007, 12:53 PM,
Or should that be memoranda? I can never remember...

As Sweder says, the important thing here is to take pressure off the forumites (especially Andy) from feeling the need to write something just because the site is here. I think it's fair to say most, if not all of us here feel the need to back off from time to time and run without writing, or not run and not write, and know that there aren't these terrible expectations upon us to cough up something literary. Andy must feel it most of all, so change in that respect is good and necessary.

Just an idea off the top of my head, but perhaps the front page could contain small biographies of some of us, just to enhance the "community" and "running club" feel without enforcing a drastic need to update the thing every other day? The big egoists like moi could have a field day while the shy, reticent ones (eg Sweder and SP) could have their bios written for them by ... oh I dunno, maybe Ana, who seems to have sussed those two out pretty well, and has a fantastic grasp of the subtleties of the English language, particularly the noble arts of sarcasm and irony.

Or... we could get the Bard to write them, if he ever turns up again that is. I must go and hunt the bugger down again (and here I can confess to knowing Bardy, at least in an online sense, but he, himself, I ain't).

As for the name, well I'm glad Ramblas seems to be waning in popularity. Didn't do much for me I'm afraid. As much as it pains me to confess to anything resembling a conservative stance, I have to say I'm pretty happy to stay with RunningCommentary.

Oh by the way, Frankie (my pet hyena) has laughingly announced he'd be happy to be the club mascot if you like. Very noble of him I thought. What's more, in an act of exquisite and truly sophisticated persuasion, he said (laughed) that if you didn't agree, he'd bite my right leg off. I said I wasn't that hopeful of getting him installed as the club patron, but he just started drooling.

I think I'll get a goldfish next time I shop for a pet.
Run. Just run.
21-08-2007, 08:07 PM,
Well, after reading everyone's comments; here's my bit.

While I normally like change in my life, runningcommentary is one place I don't think needs a lot of change. What scares me is the thought of losing what has been created with this site; I really think its special. I remember how I felt when I first found the site - how comfortable it instantly felt. It was like a haven in the middle of all those serious running sites. Runningcommentary felt like home. I don't want that to get lost. That said, changes on the front page would work; more to take the pressure off Andy than anything. And for a name - runningcommentary works and has become familiar with all of us. I like the logo of the purple foot. I can see all of us lining up in Almeria with our cool purple foot on black shirts...I agree with Sweder that black is slimming and looks good on everyone! And I'd even wear the 'Beer Swilling Fat Bastards' - the beer swilling part holds true for me at least.

SuzieSmile
21-08-2007, 09:20 PM,
Thanks, Suzie. Don't worry, we'll keep going.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
22-08-2007, 10:15 AM,
Well said Suzie - I think you've summed it up rather nicely for me too Smile

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

22-08-2007, 03:55 PM,
I really like the idea of having a virtual running club. I think that running commentary. net sounds well. It would be wondeful to have our own vest with the purple foot at the back.

Saludos desde Almería

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  http://runningcommentary.typepad.com/running_commentary/ Seafront Plodder 1 1,933 07-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Last Post: El Gordo