Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
London Marathon 2009 Brighton and Hove AC Race Report
04-05-2009, 11:43 AM,
Hi All.

this is the long awaited sequel to Hastings Marathon report. please accept my apologies if I have missed anyone out. I didnt make it up to London on the day because I fancied a lie in.

I went to get on the train but it was a 2 hr trip due to engineering works. Therefore I am basing it on information provided from the Dirty Ho, Ho. who is now 3 seconds slower than me over 5k.

If Ive missed anyone let me know their times personal and running background and I will try to write a suitable jovial rant about them. I did have some pics on my word document but cant seem to paste the pics onto this. if anyone knows how to do let me know.

:RFLMAO:

cheers jason (Red wig Rep and sports massage therapistic bod)

London Marathon Race Report 28.4.2009
Well the build up to this one was immense. Sam shaved off his tash from Hastings last December but he is now welcomes all his new admirers from Revenge into the Jog Shop for afternoon tea every Friday. We now know this was the only reason he set up shop in George St back in 1986. His plan has finally come to fruition but he had to do it gradually so as not to arouse any suspicion. The plan worked. It’s ok Sam we won’t love you any less now you have come out the closet. We’ll just be careful when we go into your changing room at the shop.
A massive thank you to Sam and Tony for giving up there Sunday mornings to train everyone. Although a health warning has been motioned by all the girls and passed by the World health Organisation on Tony’s lary pants he likes to wear. It got us wondering if he too does not secretly nip into revenge with Sam on a Friday night.

Onto the runners at last

Chris and Hannah Anderson

so wanted to hold hands all the way round but as they were Virgins on the day. Virgin marathon runners that is. Hannah was immense. She had been troubled by her adductors longus brevis and magnus for a few weeks before the race. All 3 were playing up a bit like Sam who does all the time. It may have been because the length of them from the origin at the ischium to the insertion at the medial border of the femur had become slightly inflamed. Rumour has it there were too much bedroom antics going on with Chris as she was trying to wear him out so she beat him on the day.
However this plan backfired as Chris ran a fantastic 3.34. An amazing effort for his first go.
Hannah, considering the groin strain ran an even more remarkable 3.47, superb effort.

Sonia Cargan

Now an experienced runner and even better mother was looking to find a sensory experience by taking her I pod round. However she chucked it into the crowd when she realised what an amazing atmosphere it was and also because her Ingleburt Humperdink medley may not have kept her at the rhythm she required to get round.

She’d like to thank everyone at the club her kids and husband for being so supportive. Even Tony “dodgy shorts” Plank and Sam “now no tash” Lambourne.

Next up

Ramzy “nothing like Gordan” Omran.

What can you say about this man? ..................Not a lot he’s an accountant just like Simon “Gun Ho” Ho. Only joking this man sets a goal and achieves it. This was to finish a marathon before his 40th birthday this June. I know he doesn’t look it but he is. That’s what happens when you take care of yourself. Well done Ramzy you’re a ledge. Ramzey is up for another marathon, good luck with that mate.

Sean Billing
Our whiley, astoundingly fit veteran of 22 marathons. Sean turned up for a sub 3 jog today. Unfortunately for him his biceps femoris, semi mem / tendinous and poplieus were playing up. On mile 17 he saw Katie Price and realised he was way off a sub 3 so decided to call it a day an nip into one of the pubs for a quick guiness to get rid of the pain from the pain of his long head ischial tuberosity insertion point. Well done Sean for having a go mate and even more well done on 1st Place and a pb at Hove Park’s Park run.com a week after London. This man is a class act.

Mark Halls

Mark in comparison to Sean an extremely inexperienced athlete of only 17 Marathons showed us how it was done. Mark is a bit like Peter Crouch of Portsmouth and England. He doesn’t look like a good runner but boy he is. By his own omission went out with Sean the evening before the race, carbo loaded at Macdonalds early doors then went for a Kebab on route home after a few pints and ran a 2.52 PB. Whats so remarkable about this time is it would have been faster but ran backwards at the finish when someone told him the BBC were filming and he had just missed the first take so ran back for the second which was aired. A truley talented athlete this man.

Marie Gill, Tracey King

Relatively new to this running lark fresh from a very successful Brighton half the girls prepared superbly for this one. Their carbo loading prescribed by Marie the Irish Pharmacist, was 5 pints of guiness and a medium well done lepricorn on the Saturday night followed by a half a Guinness and a bit of Irish stew, pint of water and a couple of Nurofen on race morning.

They would have had to wait 30 mins for the loo before the start of the race but did not want to wait so long and still hadn’t done their make up. So instead started the race and popped into the first pub at mile 3 the Bakers arms for a waz and refresh the lippy, mascara and foundation.

The landlord kindly gave them another half and a shot of Irish whisky which they put in their isotonic drink bottle. It proved to serve them both well as the girls stormed in with an easy 4.20 for Marie Julie pipping her at 4.10, as she had one less guiness the night before and a bit more pasta. Great effort girls.

Irish Michael also would have been on for a sub 3 but for his 3 pints of guiness the night before. He was storming round but blew at mile 17. The dehydration and heat catching him unawares. continue to part 2 on next thread........................
04-05-2009, 12:24 PM,
jason knight Wrote:I went to get on the train but it was a 2 hr trip due to engineering works. Therefore I am basing it on information provided from the Dirty Ho, Ho. who is now 3 seconds slower than me over 5k.

Thank you for some interesting Bank Holiday afternoon reading Me Jas. I haven't managed to catch up with the London runners yet to hear their tales, with the exception of the mighty Avenging Hillman who seems to have lost his mind and ran Three Forts Marathon this weekend after completely London Marathon last weekendEekEek! Is the man mad??

So you are 3 seconds faster now than Mr Ho who gave you such a hard time for being slower than him over 5k a few months back - well done on your PB on SaturdayBig GrinBig Grin.

JulieSmile
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
04-05-2009, 03:44 PM,
that is mad, a man after my own heart. well done yesterday me ju, j

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brighton and Hove AC Christmas party - This Saturday ! gary c 6 5,885 25-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Last Post: j4xed1
  Brighton & Hove AC Christmas Party Tickets gary c 2 2,796 06-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Sweder
  Brighton and Hove Christmas Party -date for your diary gary c 1 2,608 15-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Last Post: steve scott
  Brighton and Hove AC Christmas Party 2009 gary c 7 5,210 15-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Simon Ho
  Sunday Run: 16th August 2009 steepler 4 3,670 14-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Last Post: steepler
  London marathon report steve scott 5 4,782 15-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  London Race Report Part 2 jason knight 0 1,558 04-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Last Post: jason knight
  brighton half steve scott 3 2,721 27-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Fiona P
  Post Brighton Half meet up gary c 7 4,593 19-02-2009, 07:48 PM