Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
London Race Report Part 2
04-05-2009, 11:29 AM,
London Race Report Part 2
:RFLMAO:

Continued .....As did that model bird catch Marc “the boy” Price unawares. Marc the most effortless club runner you have ever seen was steaming round and on for his sub 3 but Nell McAndrew caught up with him and he lost it. Trying to impress her he put the pedal down a tad too hard only to jog in for a still brilliant 3.17 enjoying many jelly babies from the crowd and cups of tea and biscuits the last few miles.

Marc has now gone for warm weather training in Greece this summer doing a tutu on his wakeboard.

Fiona Powell

Fiona “mines a Royal Doulton and I secretly like the Wig” Powell was also eyeing up a sub 3.

Fiona was on for it until someone told her that Kevin Duffy from Boyzone was running and she might see him at the finish. This news was clearly too much for Fiona and she promptly fainted, not just because of that but also because she hadn’t taken her red wig off which we advised she did during the race.

Fi came round really well and as Kevin caught up with her she recovered to jog in with Steve Scott.
Steve Scott

Steve was so fit for this one he wanted to do the first two miles with the leader, and why not this man is a machine as well as a dodgy plumber. He’s never on time for a job but is always on time for training.

Steve too was faring well until mile 19 when he realised he had not tightened up the pressure release valve on a boiler repair Friday. The worry of this combustion and an explosion coincided with the heat he was feeling and had to slow down for Kevin Duffy to catch up with Fiona so she could achieve her dream of having a cup of tea in her Royal Doultan Tea Set (which was in her kit bag) and her favourite boy band idol.

Last but by no means least

Chris Mallinson

The dark horse of the bunch who makes a mean pair of glasses but should have gone to specsavers.

Chris when interviewed by the press afterwards ( me Jason Knight, red wig rep) told us the disaster that hit him before the race even started. He’d left his Basil brush lucky mascot in his bloody bag! What a nightmare. This had a severe dysfunctional effect on Chris’s mental preparation. He reported that he would have been on for a sub 3 but had to settle for a brilliant 3.10 instead. Well done Chris. Next time don’t forget Basil or your gels. You will be on for a sub 3 at Berlin mate.

We will not say anything about Matt “machine” Bristow or Mike “the hulk” Bannister who stormed round the course before the race started getting cheered along, by the unsuspecting crowds who thought they were the race leaders. Or Simon dirty gun Ho Ho whose little toe nail came off a few weeks before the race, so had to pull out.

Mike is vying for a sub 3 and Simon for a new pedicure. Matt is hoping for another sub 4 1500 this year to match or better the one he did a few years ago. Go on mate you can do it.

That’s about all from me for this year folks. Just to say I was very hurt to here requests of “burn the wig” and “chuck it in the bin” the pics here prove that there is life in the old wig yet and a burning ceremony although imminent may be put off for a short while.

Many congratulations to everyone and good luck with this summer’s training and events.

I am sorry if I have missed anyone out send me your story and I will publish it in the Daily Mirror.

This is Jason Knight BHAC News Birdcage Walk, Hove Park, Buck House and Blackheath Park.

Back to you, Richard “deserves an MBE for everything he does at the club, an immense running machine in his day” Carter in the studio at the With, “scene of another thrilling Albion relegation battle” dean.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  London marathon report steve scott 5 4,850 15-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  Why Fiona beat me at the park, part 1 jason knight 1 1,989 09-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Last Post: ladyrunner
  London Marathon 2009 Brighton and Hove AC Race Report jason knight 2 3,485 04-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Last Post: jason knight
  9 mile taper race Moyleman 1 1,521 06-02-2008, 10:26 AM
  Firle Running Festival 2007 - 20K Race Sweder 2 2,350 11-09-2007, 03:05 PM