Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
January blues
12-01-2007, 03:07 PM,
January blues
I like Andy am off the Sauce for a while, possibly until the end of the month - must give my overworked liver a chance to reduce in size after its rather severe battering during the festive season.

Was supposed to be running the Four Villages half marathon this weekend - I think not. I'm having trouble staggering 4 or 5 miles at the moment, mostly due to an extra thick layer of something that seems to have attached itself to my until now reasonable trim waist line, if this is middle aged spread then I just wich I could go spread it on the veg plot or something.

Have been pondering middle aged quite a lot recently, must be something to do with the fact that next I shift up another category in the veteran group. Won't be too long before I get the sympathy applause for just appearing on a start line of a race:o On the plus side 'though it means I get a half price subscription to a rather good gym with it's own running trackBig Grin

Not a lot of running to report, am getting down to it a bit, mostly tready work although I continue to cycle or walk to work - so why am I not thin????

belated Happy New Year
25-01-2007, 12:07 PM,
January blues
"I sometimes think that running has given me a glimpse of the greatest freedom a man can ever know, because it results in the simultaneous liberation of both body and mind. . . .The runner does not know how or why he runs. He only knows that he must run. . . .We run, not because we think it is doing us good, but because we enjoy it and cannot help ourselves."
25-01-2007, 12:54 PM,
January blues
That's an excellent quote!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  January stillwaddler 22 12,086 04-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  January stillwaddler 10 6,478 29-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Last Post: stillwaddler