Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome home Jog Shop Joggers!
11-05-2006, 08:43 AM,
Hello chaps - this is it, your new home in cyberspace!
I'll start the ball rolling (as I've been here before).

First up, thanks to Andy at Running Commentary for launching this diary for us. Much appreciated.

This is a public forum - that is, it can be viewed by anyone visiting the site - so normal rules of decency and propriety apply (or we'll ave ta send the Mitchawls rand, awight?).

Now, to business; anyone who fancies nominating a run for a given weekend can now do so by starting a new thread (or adding to this one). Just put the proposed date (Sunday 14th May) and course/ location (Famous Residences) in the title and jot down the proposed starting point and time. Members can then 'sign up' by adding a post to the thread.

Have a look around the forum. You'll see what's possible - posting photos (you may recognise some here), recording runs, times, moans, groans, seeking advice on injuries, finding out about other runs or just nosing through other diaries.

I highly recommend Andy's Diary (click on the foot at the top of the page to go there), Nigel's amazing tales, Berzio Baggie's current exploits in the Spanish mountains . . . there's loads of good stuff here, and new posts get added all the time.

Have fun Big Grin

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

11-05-2006, 11:31 AM,
Hi All,
Unfortunately I will not be able to run from the Marina this Sunday (14 May) as I will be running in the Hailsham 10.

Race Info - Wednesday 7 June at 7.30pm - the Worthing 10k Road Race (entry forms available from the Jog Shop)

See you all soon, keep on running
Gary

11-05-2006, 05:17 PM,
Hiya all

A good turnout last weekend - 6 intrepid souls coasted around the OLD residences last Sunday in gorgeous conditions.
I suggest the same this weekend, if all concur. Usual start 9am @ the Marina grass. I need to keep going with the Hour and a half plods for the Seafood Half on the 4th June.

TTFN:o
11-05-2006, 05:31 PM,
Welcome MM, and the other new boys. I keep saying to Sweder (Ash) that I'll get down to Brighton one Sunday to join in one of those epic jaunts. He was way too modest when pointing out the highlights of this forum. No tour is complete without a lengthy stay in his own training diary, where you'll find some lovely stuff.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
11-05-2006, 05:44 PM,
Great site

I'm surprised Ash nee Sweder hasn't invited you before - hopefully now the better weathers here, eh! We'll certainly give you a lovely, sweaty tour of the downs.

:o
11-05-2006, 06:23 PM,
I've often tried to woo fellow forumites darn sarf for a plod in the hills . . .
Actually we discussed a 'down your way' series where a few times a year we partake of a members' local run. I reckon that's still a good idea.

Anywho, we'll get Andy and Nigel down for a little hillside action before the summers' out . . . Nigel often tells me he can't wait to meet The Snake Big Grin

Oh yes . . . Sunday's good for me Moylesey, as is the Phunky Phish on the 27th.
Booked my rehab and everything . . .

12-05-2006, 08:35 AM,
Sweder Wrote:Anywho, we'll get Andy and Nigel down for a little hillside action before the summers' out . . . Nigel often tells me he can't wait to meet The Snake Big Grin

I think I need to tackle The Worm a few times before graduating to The Snake.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
14-05-2006, 08:39 PM,
Hi Andy
Thanks for setting up this space.
The Worm would be fine, I'm an early morning runner too and I'm sure a more venomous reptile would soon follow.

I'm on late shift this week anyone up for a morning plod?
rog
14-05-2006, 09:07 PM,
Howdy Rog . . . missed you today mate - a very pleasant (and reasonably paced) plod round the Famous Residences with Chris, Steve and Ade. Would be up for an early morning serpent but sadly I'm in Glasgee 'till Sunday afternoon. Next time fer sure tho.

Cheers
Ash
15-05-2006, 02:15 PM,
I assume that all users will log in before Sunday 21 May so just to let all know iI am up for it on Sunday (21 May) Are we going from the Marina to do the residences ?
16-05-2006, 06:22 PM,
Hi Gary

The plan is the residences again Sunday, possibly tackle the farm hill this week, for a change. Usual time 9am @ the Marina grass.

How was the Hailsham 10 ?

Cheers
MM:o
18-05-2006, 07:10 AM,
Dear friends,

Thought I'd share my celebration with you. What a day yesterday was! With trembling finger and racing heart I started my first thread ever (I used to like Ludd, but he's changed). The deed is done and I'm no longer a cyber virgin no longer innocent. Is this really childhood's end?
Hooray a PB for my regular 8miler 1:01:06 trimming 26 secs. Obviously ran my stumps into the ground trying to break the hour barrier but suspect that there may still be a few steps on the way to that.
I'm still toying around with the idea of using gels. How long a run would I need to do to evaluate them? All advice and recommendations welcome

cheers muchly
rog Smile
18-05-2006, 12:54 PM,
Hello Rog - greetings from gusty Glasgow!
Hearty congrats on your PB - I must come and have a crack at that one with you some day.

Gels
I only use them on the long training runs (19 miler, hilly) or during a full marathon. Try taking one after about 3 miles of your usual 8 miler - you should feel some effect before the finish. Take plenty of water with it, too.
You don't really feel a 'boost', rather you feel less knackered when you push hard on the uphills/ get towards the end of the run.

Love to know how you get on.
Cheers
Ash

19-05-2006, 02:33 PM,
Looks like I might be there after all.
Seems I'll be done in Glasgow by noon Saturday so can catch the 2:45 flight home. Sunday's gonna hurt - no running this week; lots and lots of beer though . . . Eek

19-05-2006, 05:37 PM,
Twil be real jim dandy to 'ave you along me old mucker; and just to make you feel really at home, looks like it could be wet 'n windy as well - definitely not kilt weather. Such fun.

See you at the top of the steps Sunday morning
Onewithwind - iPlod Rolleyes
21-05-2006, 12:37 PM,
Hiya All

A good turnout today - 12 plucky souls braved the drizzly downs for the Residences - with an insert. ie. the Saltdean Fell, or until someone comes up with a better name - Sweder!

I suggested a little while ago to accompany Sweder on a run over in Lewes. He seems affable enough to act as guide next Monday to the Beacon and back - a good ten miles.

Anyone interested mail me contact details. Have a good week.

MM:o
chris.moyle@gmail.com
21-05-2006, 03:39 PM,
Sadly my initial (and so far best) offering for that particular ascent was 'Bastard'. 'Farmers' Hill' seems a little dull and doesn't really do justice to the lung-burning effort required to scale the blighter. More on than later.

Good news - Sam (Jog Shop) is reported to be 'delighted' at news of the blog and has no problems with us calling ourselves the Jog Shop Joggers (just so long as we don't start flogging running gear Big Grin ). I'll ask Andy to adjust the diary title accordingly.

For the Monday Lewes plod I humbly offer this spot as a staging/ starting point. There's reasonable room for a few vehicles and its close enough to Chez Sweder for me to offer tea, coffee and toast on our return.

Circuit is Lewes Prison/ Stables/ Blackcap/ Plumpton Downs/ Ditchling with a return loop. (Nice views of the Big W provided you can see beyond two feet in front of your beak, unlike today Wink ).

All those in favour post here (if you're stuck for directions you can click on my highlighted name and send me a PM). 9 am kick-off should see us back by 10:45 latest.

Cheers
Ash

21-05-2006, 04:58 PM,
With Sunday lunch securely stowed, washed down with generous quantities of red wine. It may be my state of mind but my choice for this morning's run would be something more obtuse, and as no one actually 'fell' how about 'Stumbles'? The Saltdean Stumbles
Onewithwind - iPlod Rolleyes
26-05-2006, 11:19 AM,
Hello chaps.

Sad to report that I wil not be around on Monday for the BH run in Lewes.
I will travel to Hamburg early Monday for an event so unless we start at 5am its a no-go for me :mad:

Can I suggest a deferment of the Lewes plod for a couple of weeks (given that the following Sunday is the Seaford Half)? I'd be up for a blast this Sunday (albeit it a short one after Phunky Phish night) but Monday's definately off for me.

Sorry Sad

27-05-2006, 09:08 AM,
I'm still up for a run Monday morn. Anyone got any suggestions. Rog - maybe we could do your 8 miler ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good Friday Jog Shop event 2010 The Beast of Bevendean 2 2,429 29-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Last Post: The Beast of Bevendean
  Jog shop 20 steve scott 6 4,162 11-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Last Post: ladyrunner
  Jog Shop Jog 2008 Sweder 41 22,569 17-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Avenging Hillman
  Jog Shop Jog - Sun 12th Oct ladyrunner 1 2,148 29-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Gillybean831
  The Jog Shop Jog 2008 Sweder 0 1,703 14-05-2008, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Sweder
  Jog Shop Jog gary c 5 2,722 14-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Last Post: El Gordo
  jog shop 20 steve scott 1 1,701 09-10-2006, 04:25 PM