Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Champions League? You're 'avin' a laff . . .
21-02-2006, 05:12 PM,
I will be supporting Real Madrid this evening in their CL match against Arsenal.
What!!!??? I hear you cry . . . is this just to wind Andy up???
Are the sour grapes at Old Trafford really that bad???
For shame!!! Get a life (etc etc).

Why? Why would I support a team from la Liga against the Invincibles from the Premiership?

Real Madrid have provisionally named two Englishmen in their team for this evening.
Arsenal have none :mad:

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

21-02-2006, 09:45 PM,
Not even Beckham could save them it seems. At least it wasn't a Spaniard who scored the winning goal for Arsenal Rolleyes
Run. Just run.
21-02-2006, 09:54 PM,
Highlight of the game for me was that preening posing ponce, Reyes.

Broke a fingernail and landed off the pitch, yet somehow managed to writhe in sufficient agony to roll back on the playing surface, thereby allowing his team to gamely kick the ball into touch so he could get attention.

Wonderful stuff.Big Grin
21-02-2006, 10:01 PM,
Sweder Wrote:Why? Why would I support a team from la Liga against the Invincibles from the Premiership?

Real Madrid have provisionally named two Englishmen in their team for this evening.
Arsenal have none :mad:

Hmm, that won't really wash, Sweder. I can hear those sour grapes squelching underfoot with every word... Big Grin

But yes, it is a magnificent irony that the 'Spanish team' had 2 Anglos while the English side had none. Despite all that, I was with the Gooners all the way tonight. Fantastic performance, and what a match-winning goal from Henry.

It's true that I quite like Arsenal though. Perhaps I wouldn't be so rational with all other English clubs in Europe. I wouldn't want to single out any in particular of course, but let's just say that in the interests of international balance, it would be nice if Barcelona could rescue a little bit of pride for the Spaniards in SW6 tomorrow night. Wink
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
22-02-2006, 08:27 AM,
Haha, I thought Chelski might get a bit of a (heavily disguised) kicking Big Grin
Actually, I'd like to see Barca perform well, but they singularly flopped at the Bridge last season and I suspect pragmatism will out tonight (that's the kiss of death for Chelski - the Curse of Sweder!).

I have to say the Arse deserved their win with knobs on - what a disappointing no-show from the Galacticos - or is that the Geriatricos? Watching Zidane's ineffectual pirouettes in midfield left me scratching my head. Ronaldo had already shot himself in the foot; players who sound off about not being loved by their own fans before a massive game are duty bound to have a stinker.

I'm in exalted company; the Mighty Hansen reminded us yesterday morning that you never win anything with kids Big Grin

08-03-2006, 11:42 AM,
Much wringing of hands and drying of hankerchiefs at Chez Sweder this morning.
Poor old Jose wheeled out any number of bizarre excuses for his - sorry, his teams' - exit at the hands of Barcelona. 'They never beat us with 11 against 11.'
Well sorry old boy, but in Moronio-speak you lost one - nil last night; if the 'foul' (actually a superb goal-saving challenge) on John Terry in the last minute was correctly deemed a penalty then I'm Ruud Van Nistelroy.

Good luck to the Arse tonight (cough, choke).

08-03-2006, 02:38 PM,
Were brilliant, Ronaldinho is a magician. The ref couldn't spot a penalty if it was right under his nose
08-03-2006, 08:49 PM,
It's half time at Highbury, and I'm moved to post.
What the hell's happened to Real Madrid? Eek

I mean, fair play to Arsenal and all that, but the White Peril would look sluggish in a Persil ad, let alone a do-or-die Champions league match.
Someone needs to keep Ronaldo away from the pies - he's making SP look positively svelt Big Grin

Of course you realise this means Madrid will score four in the second half . . .

08-03-2006, 11:09 PM,
It's been a great round of the Champions League. The Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool ties have been full of excitement, but don't forget AC Milan/Bayern Munich, Juventus/Werder Bremen, Rangers/VillaReal as well. All great ties.

I was delighted to see Wenger get some respite from a torrid domestic season, and equally happy to observe a crumpled Mourinho. It's nice to be important, José, but more important to be nice.... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
19-04-2006, 04:30 PM,
We don't seem to be able to beat them, so here's a blatant sideswipe at the Premiership Champions-elect . . .
Good luck to the Wenger boys. No, really. I mean it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'Champions' League Sweder 8 3,289 12-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  'Champions' League Sweder 0 1,248 05-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Sweder
  Premier League game cancelled? El Gordo 2 1,389 29-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder