Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup Nonsense
12-07-2006, 10:49 PM,
World Cup Nonsense
andy Wrote:Eh? Who's ignoring the crime?

The French, apparently. Accoridng to Google News (so it must be true Rolleyes ) 61% of the French population have forgiven their beloved Zizou.

Nah, f*ck the football. It was a crap tournament. The only really interesting bits for me were the Zidane head butt and the appearance of Fatty Maradonna.

Bring on the cricket!
Run. Just run.
13-07-2006, 08:43 AM,
World Cup Nonsense
Since Sunday evening, the whole World has been debating what Italian defender Marco Materazzi said to Zinedine Zidane to make the retiring Frenchman react in the way he did. The French captain, in his last ever professional game, thrust his head into Materazzi's chest in Sunday's World Cup Final resulting in a red card and shame for Zidane. Today, with the help of Italian lip-reader Arturo Belladini, we can reveal what drove Zidane to self destruct.

Materazzi is seen to hold Zidane's shirt on the edge of the penalty box in extra-time at which point Zidane says,

"If you really want my shirt, you can have it later.'"

Materazzi responds:

"I don't want your shirt, you m***** f*****, you're a f****** old man."

As they jog away Zidane is seen to laugh at this, and it is unclear how he responds at this point since his back is turned to the TV camera.

Materazzi then hits a volley of abuse. "You should've quit 2 years ago, you're a f****** has-been."

"M***** f*****! Your mum is a f****** muslim terrorist and you are too, f*** you old man, f*** you."

Zidane ignores the chiding remarks. And so they start again.

"Old man, this arena is not for you anymore, m***** f*****."

Zidane carries on jogging away from the scene. Almost.

"You are only good enough for West Ham now."

And it's at this very point that Zidane turns and head-butts him.
13-07-2006, 09:10 AM,
World Cup Nonsense
You're a funny man, Nigel Big Grin
Run. Just run.
13-07-2006, 12:47 PM,
World Cup Nonsense
Anybody heard of “folk-punk-poet-stand up comic all-rounder” John Otway? Years and years ago I saw him do a double act with Attila the Stockbroker and the finale involved a song called “head butts” where Otway nutted the microphone until his head bled. Eek Apparently he’s still doing it. Eek Eek I'm sure he could teach Zidane a thing or two.
13-07-2006, 01:11 PM,
World Cup Nonsense
Bierzo Baggie Wrote:Anybody heard of “folk-punk-poet-stand up comic all-rounder” John Otway? Years and years ago I saw him do a double act with Attila the Stockbroker and the finale involved a song called “head butts” where Otway nutted the microphone until his head bled. Eek Apparently he’s still doing it. Eek Eek I'm sure he could teach Zidane a thing or two.

For years he played with Wild Willy Barrett. I have the distinction of selling a Mars Bar to Wild WIlly Barrett on two separate occasions, precisely one year apart. It wasn't the same Mars Bar resold, but another instance of the same class, as we Object Oriented Programming types would say.....

Top that.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
13-07-2006, 01:32 PM,
World Cup Nonsense
andy Wrote:For years he played with Wild Willy Barrett. I have the distinction of selling a Mars Bar to Wild WIlly Barrett on two separate occasions, precisely one year apart. It wasn't the same Mars Bar resold, but another instance of the same class, as we Object Oriented Programming types would say.....

So Object Oriented Programmers do perform a useful function... didn't realise it was in confectionary sales though Smile
Run. Just run.
13-07-2006, 04:59 PM,
World Cup Nonsense
Mid Life Crisis Man Wrote:So Object Oriented Programmers do perform a useful function...

Whoah.... I certainly didn't intend to make an astonishing claim like that. Eek
El Gordo

13-07-2006, 09:19 PM,
World Cup Nonsense
Returning to the Zidane incident, here's a good 'un...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/13/...t_outrage/

And plenty more....

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1950611

You have to go through a few pages. I got bored by about page 12. Some are very funny.

This has obviously become an eternal cultural reference point (whatever the hell that means...)
El Gordo

13-07-2006, 11:01 PM,
World Cup Nonsense
Who won again?
Run. Just run.
13-07-2006, 11:03 PM,
World Cup Nonsense
Italy won again. 3rd or 4th time, I think.
El Gordo

18-08-2006, 09:43 AM,
World Cup Nonsense
Two nights ago Australia played their first international since the World Cup, a qualifier for the Asia Cup.

Guess how many of the eleven players fielded actually played in Germany?

Go on, have a guess...

OK, well I'll tell you...

None at all.

And the buggers won!
Run. Just run.
20-08-2006, 01:00 AM,
World Cup Nonsense
The socceroos have been re-named the Soccerwhos? by the local media - which is a broadside at the low-key nature of the code down here (very distant third to Aussie Rules and rugby). Kinda catchy.
Run. Just run.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World Cup Brazil 2014 / Weltmeisterschaft Brasilien Sweder 78 50,246 22-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Bierzo Baggie
  World Cup 2010 Sweder 25 14,448 12-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Antonio247
  Cricket World Cup El Gordo 44 25,043 25-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  Big Cup, Small Crowd Sweder 14 6,253 06-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  Ryder Cup 2006 Nigel 2 1,883 22-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Last Post: El Gordo
  Apparently there's a World Cup or something coming up marathondan 7 3,599 26-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  P C World. - What a crock of shite Seafront Plodder 10 7,713 22-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder